Deluxe drink package for one

Here as well. My husband has a medical condition and does not/should not drink much. Royal has it noted in his profile. When I go in to purchase my drink package, it does not require it for him - even if it's a "buy one/get one discounted" package it just reprices for one person when I select myself only. Nothing has popped up requiring him to purchase any other drink package, such as the Refreshment Package, but I have done so. 

1 hour ago, kevpeirce said:

We’ve done this for our last 3 cruises since my wife’s gluten free and can’t drink many of the drinks, it’s a fairly easy process and if there is something she wants we just pay for it accordingly. 

What drinks have gluten? I'm gluten free and can't figure out which ones would have wheat besides beer?

2 hours ago, kevpeirce said:

We’ve done this for our last 3 cruises since my wife’s gluten free and can’t drink many of the drinks, it’s a fairly easy process and if there is something she wants we just pay for it accordingly. 

Did they make her buy another package? I called yesterday to try and book one of the deluxe drink packages for my husband. (I can’t drink because of some medications). I have the soda/internet package already booked but they told me I would have to have the other refreshment package. 

19 minutes ago, SFaz said:

Did they make her buy another package? I called yesterday to try and book one of the deluxe drink packages for my husband. (I can’t drink because of some medications). I have the soda/internet package already booked but they told me I would have to have the other refreshment package. 

The non drinker must buy the refreshment package, the soda package won't cut it unfortunately.

2 hours ago, ellcee said:

What drinks have gluten? I'm gluten free and can't figure out which ones would have wheat besides beer?

I was wondering this myself.  I am gluten free and can have wine, Truly, any hard liquor (vodka, tequila, rum, whisky, etc), club soda, regular soda, and many of the liquers, so I don't really see how being gluten free would affect the ability to have the DBP.

2 hours ago, ellcee said:

20 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

I was wondering this myself.  I am gluten free and can have wine, Truly, any hard liquor (vodka, tequila, rum, whisky, etc), club soda, regular soda, and many of the liquers, so I don't really see how being gluten free would affect the ability to have the DBP.

I suspect it has to do with the mixers -- the more complicated the drink the more likely there will be an ingredient with gluten. Margarita mix, for example, often has gluten. Why, I don't know!

2 hours ago, Kirsten said:

Mixers, liquor and beer all can contain gluten. Cross contamination is also an issue with bars. A lot of this also depends on if you’re celiac, have a sensitivity to it or if you’re doing it as a diet. 

On 8/25/2022 at 6:17 PM, kevpeirce said:

Mixers, liquor and beer all can contain gluten. Cross contamination is also an issue with bars. A lot of this also depends on if you’re celiac, have a sensitivity to it or if you’re doing it as a diet. 

On Royal I ordered my usual vodka based drink at the bar and when I sipped  it it tasted off.  My lip started going numb.  I finally caught the attention of the bartender and told him something was wrong.  He insisted he only put vodka in my drink.  I told him it tasted like black licorice.  He insisted I was wrong, then you could see the lightbulb go on, and he said he had made a sambuca shot for someone and must not have rinsed the shot measured out.  I never knew I was sensitive to sambucca, I had tried black licorice as a kid and didn’t like it.  I never had sambucca before.  So be aware of cross contamination!