Residual FCC to Become OBC

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/08/24/royal-caribbean-will-give-leftover-cruise-credit-onboard-credits-instead

Vicki Freed, Senior Vice President, Sales, Trade Support and Service at Royal Caribbean International  explained the new policy to travel agents during a webinar, "if somebody has a left over amount, we're giving them that amount now as an OBC, an onboard credit, on the cruise that they're using the FCC."

"We're not going to reissue FCC's. It's strictly going to go back as an onboard credit for the existing cruise that they're using their FCC."

30 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

So in short, if I have $3000 in FCC, book a $2000 cruise, then I'd have $1000 use or lose OBC for that cruise?

Yet (and I realize this isn't a likely scenario) if I have $3000 in FCC, book two $2000 cruises at once, I couldn't use the $3000 in FCC, only $2000?

She declined to provide the full details.  It's not cear if it's refundable or non-refundable OBC.  

On 8/24/2022 at 2:03 PM, smokeybandit said:

So in short, if I have $3000 in FCC, book a $2000 cruise, then I'd have $1000 use or lose OBC for that cruise?

Yet (and I realize this isn't a likely scenario) if I have $3000 in FCC, book two $2000 cruises at once, I couldn't use the $3000 in FCC, only $2000?

It is refundable OBC.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Tri-Branded/FCC_Redemption_OBC.pdf

FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT – ONBOARD CREDIT

1. Does this change apply to all Future Cruise Credit types?

It's only applicable to our Cruise with Confidence and Global Suspension certificates. All other certificate types will continue to receive remaining balance in the form of a new certificate.

2. Does this change apply to bookings in all currencies?

Not at this time. All bookings are in USD currency only.

3. I already redeemed a certificate for my clients and had a remaining balance, how do I get that applied as an Onboard Credit?

We are working on a conversion process and strategy and will share more information soon!

4. My clients have Future Cruise Credit that they want applied to two bookings. How do I ensure they get remaining balance certificates so I can apply the rest to their other booking?

Log into our Espresso Real Time Redemption tool to enter the amount you want to redeem for each certificate. Any value above that amount will be sent to a new certificate for remaining balance.

5. Is the Onboard Credit issued with Future Cruise Credit redemption refundable or non-refundable?

Onboard Credit is Refundable!

6. If my client still has Onboard Credit remaining at the end of the cruise, how do they get the refund?

The remaining funds will be returned to your client in the form of payment used to set up the onboard account.

7. If my client has both promotional and refundable Onboard Credit when they get onboard, will the ship use up the promotional Onboard Credit first?

Yes, the ship will first use the non-refundable Onboard Credit, then the refundable value.

8. Will this Onboard Credit be available to use pre-cruise for shore excursions, specialty dining, etc?

Yes, your clients are able to leverage the Onboard Credit for pre-cruise purchases made on Cruise Planner.