RCI Expanding Singapore Offerings 23/24

Royal Caribbean Announces 2023-2024 Expanded Singapore Program

Spectrum of the Seas

Royal Caribbean has announced deployment for the Spectrum of the Seas for 2023-2024, and longer cruises are making a comeback, according to a press release. 

A mix of new 5- to 12-night cruises will whisk adventurers to destinations in Hong Kong, Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam, joining the cruise line’s short getaways to Malaysia and Thailand. 

On a mix of longer cruises that are 5-, 7-, 9- and 12-night itineraries, calls include Bangkok, Thailand; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; and Manila, Philippines. Royal Caribbean’s crowd favorite 3- and 4-night getaways, first introduced in July, round out the cruise line’s next year-round season.

The Spectrum will head back to the Penang, Malaysia, and Phuket in Thailand.

“During Royal Caribbean’s first year-round season in Singapore, we’ve continued to see travellers return for more. Being able to visit international shores again has only increased that demand. People want to cruise with us, and now they can set their sights on new adventures for next year. Today’s holidaymakers seek unique experiences and a fuss-free vacation – they want to have a fun holiday without having to worry about confusing travel requirements and restrictions – and Spectrum of the Seas delivers exactly that. The combination of Asian-themed experiences and signature favourites on board with the opportunities to explore Asia’s energetic cities, traditional architecture and exotic landscapes makes for the perfect way to embark on the revenge travel vacationers are seeking today,” said Angie Stephen, vice president and managing director, Asia-Pacific, Royal Caribbean International.

The upcoming cruises include two 12-night sailings. These sailings can also be enjoyed back to back, visiting a new destination almost every day for the entire 24-night adventure. Included are 10 destinations unique to this experience, such as Hong Kong; Tokyo, Osaka and Mount Fuji, Japan; and Nha Trang and Hue/Danang, Vietnam.

Sounds like an itinerary worth exploring. Perhaps some of the posters of this forum ought to consider doing a sailing from Asia (its a once in a lifetime experience and if booked in SGD via the RCL Singapore Website its cheaper on certain dates than the North America site) - the experience is almost the same as North America but also the focus is more on the ports than on the Sun. It is still quite warm.

23 minutes ago, WaybackCruiser said:

Sounds like an itinerary worth exploring. Perhaps some of the posters of this forum ought to consider doing a sailing from Asia (its a once in a lifetime experience and if booked in SGD via the RCL Singapore Website its cheaper on certain dates than the North America site) - the experience is almost the same as North America but also the focus is more on the ports than on the Sun. It is still quite warm.

Booking via the Singapore website is significantly cheaper than the Australian site too.  Is there any complication with doing it this way?  I did some dummy bookings and didn't run into any hurdles when entering my citizenship, so hopefully all good.

2 hours ago, KWofPerth said:

Booking via the Singapore website is significantly cheaper than the Australian site too.  Is there any complication with doing it this way?  I did some dummy bookings and didn't run into any hurdles when entering my citizenship, so hopefully all good.

None whatsoever... the only potential 'complication' would be for service related issues with the booking via the call center, as anything booked on the Singapore site has to be managed by only the Singapore contact center - none of the other call centers in other markets are able to even assist with Asia Pacific bookings if booked via the Royal Caribbean Singapore Website.  So yes, we were quite surprised at the price difference to book a 4-night out of Singapore on the Singapore site vs say the North American site.

18 minutes ago, WaybackCruiser said:

None whatsoever... the only potential 'complication' would be for service related issues with the booking via the call center, as anything booked on the Singapore site has to be managed by only the Singapore contact center - none of the other call centers in other markets are able to even assist with Asia Pacific bookings if booked via the Royal Caribbean Singapore Website.  So yes, we were quite surprised at the price difference to book a 4-night out of Singapore on the Singapore site vs say the North American site.

Excellent news. It feels like I'm being sneaky.  Or maybe I'm just being a rational informed consumer 😛

2 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

@WaybackCruiser aren't you the same person complaining about all of the testing and showing of test results etc?   What you have to say does not make it sound so enjoyable.

They didn't complain they gave info into how it is regarding testing in Sg and actually wrote that certain parts were fun. 

5 hours ago, WaybackCruiser said:

Being honest for people travelling from other side of the world the Jan to March 2024 schedule isn't very appealing! 

Only 1 five night cruise! No 7 nights and 1 nine night in Jan and another in Feb. Most cruises are 3 or 4 nights and doing a B2B to make 7 days just to visit Penang twice is a bit of waste.

Was hoping to cruise out of SG in 2024 here's hoping any future releases are more appealing.

3 hours ago, Ray said:

Being honest for people travelling from other side of the world the Jan to March 2024 schedule isn't very appealing! 

Only 1 five night cruise! No 7 nights and 1 nine night in Jan and another in Feb. Most cruises are 3 or 4 nights and doing a B2B to make 7 days just to visit Penang twice is a bit of waste.

Was hoping to cruise out of SG in 2024 here's hoping any future releases are more appealing.

Personally I think Celebrity has better options sailing from Singapore, got my eye on the Singapore to Hong Kong via Thailand and Vietnam sailing. Just wish it included Cambodia.

4 hours ago, Ray said:

As someone from Perth, travelling to Singapore is just as easy as travelling to Sydney.  Even then, anything less than 7 nights is not that appealling.

Just booked the 9 nighter on Jan 2, via the Singapore website. For a family of 4 it's $1000 cheaper than booking via the Aussie website. That's insane!

1 hour ago, KWofPerth said:

As someone from Perth, travelling to Singapore is just as easy as travelling to Sydney.  Even then, anything less than 7 nights is not that appealling.

Just booked the 9 nighter on Jan 2, via the Singapore website. For a family of 4 it's $1000 cheaper than booking via the Aussie website. That's insane!

Done that trip from Perth to Sg myself so i agree. 

Travelling from UK i would look at 3 & 4 day B2B if they were going to different ports. 

7 day cruise would be enough other 7 would be spent at Clarke Quay enjoying the beer lol 

20 hours ago, Ray said:

They didn't complain they gave info into how it is regarding testing in Sg and actually wrote that certain parts were fun. 

It’s on a different thread….. something about why we all celebrate no more testing and Singapore still has testing….amounts of times test must be shown etc.

perhaps complain is a strong word but it definitely did not exude happiness.  Made me think “why bother sailing out of Singapore ”…these are the same rules from the restart,(I sailed out of Bahamas a year ago with these rules)  so that location does not appear to be moving forward.  Now, there most definitely people who want everyone vax, tested, masked and social distanced and appreciate  masking even when outdoors….this would be perfect for them.

On 8/26/2022 at 3:08 AM, Pattycruise said:

Made me think “why bother sailing out of Singapore ”…these are the same rules from the restart,(I sailed out of Bahamas a year ago with these rules)  so that location does not appear to be moving forward.  

I have read the post and TBH it doesnt make it any less appealing to me as have visited Singapore 3 times on vacation, it is a Fantastic place. 

The thing about Singapore is they don't mess about! Rules are rules. Chewing Gum is illegal you can be fined for having it, try spitting it out on the street and punishment could be a lot worse. 

They the SG government will do what is right for SG when they feel it is right not when others say it is.

We should also remember in a lot of far east asian countries a high % of the population have worn masks for decades! Ok it was for different reasons but masks are not a new thing for them.

As mentioned further back this thread i want to book a cruise out of SG it just has to be one that makes the 12 hr flight worthwhile.

Everyone is different what one person may like or not worry about others may hate! 

42 minutes ago, Ray said:

I have read the post and TBH it doesnt make it any less appealing to me as have visited Singapore 3 times on vacation, it is a Fantastic place. 

The thing about Singapore is they don't mess about! Rules are rules. Chewing Gum is allegal you can be fined for having it, try spitting it out on the street and punishment could be a lot worse. 

They the SG government will do what is right for SG when they feel it is right not when others say it is.

We should also remember in a lot of far east asian countries a high % of the population have worn masks for decades! Ok it was for different reasons but masks are not a new thing for them.

As mentioned further back this thread i want to book a cruise out of SG it just has to be one that makes the 12 hr flight worthwhile.

Everyone is different what one person may like or not worry about others may hate! 

Singapore is bloody brilliant to visit. Ultra clean, safe and full of great things to do.

I couldn't tell you what restrictions are in place as of today, but in my case I'm not cruising until January 2024 so things will almost certainly be different by then. But if I have to do a swab and show my vaxx status, big deal.