Ping Pong annoyance on Oasis Class

Just got off the $1.3 billion dollar mega ship Harmony of the seas and it was amazing! This ship is top notch! I am really annoyed that the engineers did not extend the perimeter glass low enough to the ground in the ping pong area to avoid the balls from rolling under and all over the deck. Pretty crazy having to chase ping pong balls all over the sports deck. What a dumb engineering mistake!

I was on the same voyage of Harmony and there are a few notable design problems that I was really,really surprised that have been allowed to continue.

The water slides are a leaky, hemoraging mess and should be shut down. Good intentions but terrible execution.

I'd like to meet the design team of the solarium. I'm not sure what they were thinking. The perforated awning enclosures whistle horribally on sea days. Many times it's not the serene, "mindful" place as intended. And then there's the obvious plastic flawed awnings. The same ones torn apart on the maiden transatlantic voyage. Several were destroyed on our trip as well. Know what a loose blue tarp sounds like on truck going down an expressway? The solarium had that going on too. But I'm really not sure how many design people bought into the idea that stretched clear plastic would last the whatever expected useful life Harmony has. For reals???

I was on the same voyage of Harmony and there are a few notable design problems that I was really,really surprised that have been allowed to continue.

The water slides are a leaky, hemoraging mess and should be shut down. Good intentions but terrible execution.

I'd like to meet the design team of the solarium. I'm not sure what they were thinking. The perforated awning enclosures whistle horribally on sea days. Many times it's not the serene, "mindful" place as intended. And then there's the obvious plastic flawed awnings. The same ones torn apart on the maiden transatlantic voyage. Several were destroyed on our trip as well. Know what a loose blue tarp sounds like on truck going down an expressway? The solarium had that going on too. But I'm really not sure how many design people bought into the idea that stretched clear plastic would last the whatever expected useful life Harmony has. For reals???

Interesting observations on the solarium. Hopefully they learned a lesson, doesn't sound like the fortress of solitude I'd expect.

During the Top Tier I spoke withe the hotel director about the the solarium issues. He gave me a sort of a corporate non-answer but did indicate that they are well aware or the awning problems. I hope they can over time implement a permanent solution while Harmony is in port for a few hours once a week.

Regarding the water slides, In addition to having water on the pool deck you would walk around if you had dress shoes on they have caused significant damage to Central Park. In the area where the slides are cantilevered over the park, the leaking chlorinated water killed a bed of plants. During our windy voyage water was picked up in the air and brought down into Central Park. It defoliated one tree and a big swath of one wall installation. You could see the dramatic difference from one day to the next. So much for Splash Zone.

Makes me wonder if there is a possibility that if the ship had to make a sudden turn (or a sudden gust of high wind), would someone on the water slide fly off and into the ocean?

They could include free bowling as part of the Deluxe Drink Package...as long as there are bleachers for spectating!

If the ship rolls the right way...it would be like Wile E. Coyote bowling...

5355be4159c8c1e57e37740e7f1ecbfd.jpg

That would be a way to increase revenue. I know I'd pay to watch that!