Hello, I will be traveling on Navigator of the Seas Cabo overnight cruise this September   and wanted to get some insight on RC’s Approximate wait time to shore using tender ports without have priority for tender tickets.

To my knowledge, RC is giving people with booked shore excursions and key members   priority to the tender ports. Furthermore, this cruise is supposedly packed with guest. RC states that we will disembark at 12:30pm.  I’m planning on booking a third party shore excursion for ATVs with the reservation starting at 3pm but pick up time is 2:30pm.

does anyone have advice on the possibility of my party making this excursion? Or should I wait to things in person with local salesman( I’m just not shore an atv experience will be available if I don’t book ahead of time) 

• 3 months later...

Hello! I’m wondering if you can share your experience of the time frame you were able to get off the ship. We are taking the navigator of the seas in January to cabo and want to book a shore excursion but not sure how long the tendering takes. You posted you were going in September? 

We did this itinerary last October and did not plan any excursions. Tickets were handed out at the Bamboo Club beginning at 10am. Walked by BC around 8:30am and a few people had lined up, sitting in chairs. A half hour later, I joined the line that stretched to the front of the Cafe Promenade (about 120 or so people). Once they started boarding the tenders, we had about a two hour wait, as we listened for our ticket number to be called. Passengers with excursions booked through RC got priority boarding.

Basically it's a camp out for 90 minutes for ticket distribution and an early departure vs waiting on the ship for xx hours for your departure ticket number to be called.

Also, did not get off the ship in Mazatlan and were surprised to see a credit on our account of around $70, refunding us for the port fees in Maz.

3 hours ago, Seafarer said:

Also, did not get off the ship in Mazatlan and were surprised to see a credit on our account of around $70, refunding us for the port fees in Maz.

Do you mean the ship skipped Mazatlan and/or no one was allowed to get off there for some reason?  In those cases, yes they would refund the port fees.

If you mean you personally chose not to get off the ship, they would not refund the port fees.  If you have the opportunity to go ashore, the ship (and thus you) owe port fees.

I suppose it's possible there was a significant difference between the expected port fees that were charged when booking and the actual port fees when you arrived.  If they refunded the difference to everyone, that was a nice but unexpected gesture.

Worth noting: there is a special boat that pulls along side and attaches itself to the ship. This boat forms a platform and dock for the tenders. I wish I had a picture to illustrate.

Of all the tendered ports I have been to, Cabo San Lucas hands down does it the best.

18 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Do you mean the ship skipped Mazatlan and/or no one was allowed to get off there for some reason?  In those cases, yes they would refund the port fees.

If you mean you personally chose not to get off the ship, they would not refund the port fees.  If you have the opportunity to go ashore, the ship (and thus you) owe port fees.

I suppose it's possible there was a significant difference between the expected port fees that were charged when booking and the actual port fees when you arrived.  If they refunded the difference to everyone, that was a nice but unexpected gesture.

The latter. Yet we were refunded the port fees.