12 Night Home Testing post Sept 5th.

Audrey V.

The rules state you can take a picture of the negative test or bring in the negative strip. We are going to bring all four strips in a ziplock bag, it's negative so no cause for alarm. Now sharing a positive result would be a bit different 🤣

Accepted Tests for Europe Cruises Departing on or After September 5, 2022; with no stops in Greece 

• The test you take can be professionally administered by a health professional, such as a doctor or pharmacist, or you can use a home test kit. Home test kits for these sailings are not required to be administered under live video supervision. 
  • You will present the negative test result at the time of boarding. You can show it in the form of a printout, an email, or an app screen from the test provider. Or you can show a picture of your negative home test on your phone, or present the actual negative test itself. 
  • Telehealth tests and self test kits are not accepted if your cruise departs from Athens. 

3 hours ago, Spang1974 said:

The rules state you can take a picture of the negative test or bring in the negative strip. We are going to bring all four strips in a ziplock bag, it's negative so no cause for alarm. No sharing a positive result would be a bit different 🤣

Haha, you're going to be flavour of the month with the port staff. 🤣🤣🤣

Just take a random downlaoded picture of a test and use it for all cruises. Kind of a silly requirement. I found the pictures below that seem to fit the bill. Cruise on...or use the positive one to get out of a cruise.

P.S. sarcastic post. I would never encourage anyone to avoid following the policy. 🤣

2387845a22e9ff7daa7f64c0eea373c2

negative-test-result-by-using-rapid-test-device-for-covid19-novel-picture-id1212779887?k=6&m=1212779887&s=170667a&w=0&h=zDuQYG5I0G2THSPFC0zGDqUrAWSKGfDyJ9lKBluKQMY=

I agree, it's pretty pointless. Possibly just a means of easing their way into scrapping testing altogether? Unless the requirement on longer cruises is due to ports/countries setting this as a rule?

I've already bought a couple of tests from the supermarket for us to use prior to our Anthem sailing next month but I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if I didn't have to use them.

On 8/26/2022 at 7:05 PM, FionaMG said:

I agree, it's pretty pointless. Possibly just a means of easing their way into scrapping testing altogether? Unless the requirement on longer cruises is due to ports/countries setting this as a rule?

I've already bought a couple of tests from the supermarket for us to use prior to our Anthem sailing next month but I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if I didn't have to use them.

Most likely some red tape created by their insurance companies. They probably cant get the shipped insured when sailing from Southampton without this silliness 🙂 Who knows though? I paid £8.82 for 5 tests and happy to play along, LoL

Just got an email today stating they would not accept self administered tests for transatlantic sailings....

"Accepted Tests 
Guests can take advantage of telehealth antigen tests to satisfy their pre-cruise requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results. Unsupervised self-tests will not be accepted for transatlantic sailings. To learn more about our accepted tests, "

I suspect that's to minimise as much as possible the risk of an outbreak and/or someone becoming seriously ill days from anywhere in the middle of the ocean.

The bigger problem on the TA sailings is that they have determined everyone aged 5 and over must be vaxxed. There will be some families with unvaxxed kids on those sailings who won't be able to get their kids vaxxed even if they want to.