Nachi Cocom vs Mr Sanchez

DunkelBierJay

I'm torn. I want to go to both. They both have great reviews in Trip Advisor. One has lots of activities and the other seems more sedate. My college age daughter and I are sailing to Cozumel in June, and I'm not sure what we'll both like. What has the best food and service? If you've done them both, what would you do again? Which beach is better? Is the snorkeling off the beach good at both places?

We have been to both and love Sanchos. We went to Nachi last April based on reviews from others on the forum. We experienced very poor service and it seemed as though our server was hungover or just didn't care. Several times we had to walk to the bar to get our own drinks. Had a bad experience with the bartender at the pool too. We returned to Coz in November and took our large group to Sanchos. Nachi was not even a consideration based our first visit.

Without going on an excursion the snorkeling is not good at either location. We reserve our Sanchos visit on shoreexcursioneers.com and save $5. Pre-book the snorkel trip through them and save about 25%. The snorkel boat leaves from Sanchos and they take you to some very nice areas.  

Guest toodle68

We did Nachi Cocom In Jan and loved it as a couple who just wanted to relax. The food was great and we had the best massages ever. I agree that finding out server was a challenge since he covered a big area and had to go back to the kitchens often.. but it was not far to the beach bar.   We would go again if it was just the two of us (ie, no kids).  We are going to the port again in Dec and will go somewhere else since we will have 4 young adults in tow who will not be wanting to sit around and relax.

We've gone to both and the vibe was very different even though the amenities are basically identical.

When we went to Nachi (a big group) it was a little on the chilly side and all we did was go in the hot tub.  It definitely would have been too cold to swim in the pool or ocean   The food and service were very good.  No complaints about those.  There were very few people there when we went to Nachi.

We went to Mr. Sanchos this last trip.  There were definitely more people at Mr. Sanchos this year than at Nachi last year.  The food, drinks and service were equivalent and it was a little too cool for me to swim, even though I went into the swim-up bar and got 1 drink.

Both trips were at exactly the same time of year - mid Feb.

If I had to make a choice right now, I would probably choose Mr. Sancho's.  I feel the facilities are a little better (they have 2 swim-up bars) but neither place would be a mistake.  They both have the same amenities and I believe the cost was identical.

Guest toodle68

The one thing I did not like about Nachi Cocom was the lack of a changing area. We spoke to the manager as he past asking if all was ok about it and he said one was coming soon. A few lockers, a fresh water shower and a small area to change is something you want at the end.

Another place we are looking at for Dec with the older kids is;

https://www.playamia.com/