Check-In on App- 45 days prior?

CruzOnBye

24 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

I thought the check in was 90 days out from cruise but I see my Royal Caribbean app it shows we can’t check in till 45 days prior. Did that change because of all the health protocols the last couple years? Or could the app be wrong?

Weird. It was available to me 30 days out instead, which is usually when it reminds you to check in online. 

16 minutes ago, Okgladgal said:

@CruzOnBye It IS confusing. I just took this screenshot from the RC website that clearly days 90 days.  My next cruise is 11/13 and according to the app, my check in will be available 9/29 which is 45 days.

Well, technically, 45 days IS within 90 days. 😆

I'm sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere in the forum, but I couldn't find my specific question with a search.  I've only cruised once (in Jan 2018) and we didn't have assigned boarding times then; I think we did some of the check in process online but not choosing boarding times.  How early in the day (45 days before cruise) should you do the online check in?  Do people stay up past midnight to be first and get the earliest boarding times?

26 minutes ago, Southern Waters said:

I'm sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere in the forum, but I couldn't find my specific question with a search.  I've only cruised once (in Jan 2018) and we didn't have assigned boarding times then; I think we did some of the check in process online but not choosing boarding times.  How early in the day (45 days before cruise) should you do the online check in?  Do people stay up past midnight to be first and get the earliest boarding times?

Yes, I do mine as soon as check-in opens, I like to follow rules and start my cruise asap.

1 hour ago, Southern Waters said:

Yep, they do. Make sure you're watching your clock in the same time zone as your embarking from. My theory is the quicker I'm onboard, the quicker the cruise begins.

Thanks to all of you for your answers.  I did find another thread about online check in from last fall and that brought another question to mind.  Someone said that they just picked a boarding time for everyone and then filled everything in the next morning.  There are 4 of us friends riding to Galveston together so we'd like to board at the same time.  Is that still possible for me to get us all a boarding time slot and then fill in the info later? Or better yet, can each person fill in all their own info after I've gotten us a boarding time?   

17 minutes ago, Southern Waters said:

Thanks to all of you for your answers.  I did find another thread about online check in from last fall and that brought another question to mind.  Someone said that they just picked a boarding time for everyone and then filled everything in the next morning.  There are 4 of us friends riding to Galveston together so we'd like to board at the same time.  Is that still possible for me to get us all a boarding time slot and then fill in the info later? Or better yet, can each person fill in all their own info after I've gotten us a boarding time?   

If you link all of your reservations you should be able to do this.  You have to use the app to check in and jump right to selecting the boarding times. If you try to do it online it makes you enter in information for everyone (which you could just put in dummy info and change later if needed).

34 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you link all of your reservations you should be able to do this.  You have to use the app to check in and jump right to selecting the boarding times. If you try to do it online it makes you enter in information for everyone (which you could just put in dummy info and change later if needed).

OK, thanks for that tip about doing it in the app.  I'm in the central time zone so I'm hoping that what they said on the other thread is still true about being able to do it at 11 pm instead of midnight. 

45 minutes ago, Southern Waters said:

OK, thanks for that tip about doing it in the app.  I'm in the central time zone so I'm hoping that what they said on the other thread is still true about being able to do it at 11 pm instead of midnight. 

I am on central time, but it is the ports time. For example, I cruise out of LA next month, when check-in opened, I couldn't check in until after 2am. However, when I cruise out of Florida, I can check-in after 11pm. Since Galveston is 1 hour ahead you should be able to do around 11pm.......it is not quite exact. 

It stinks when you live in EST zone but are boarding in Vancouver which means check in time is 4 AM! Checked in at 4 AM but wouldn’t let me select boarding time. It appears that on this particular cruise choosing a boarding time is on hold currently and I am told it will probably be around 30 days when we will be able to select a boarding time. I continue to check everyday just in case. Ugghhh, another 4AM😖

9 hours ago, Kathleen said:

It stinks when you live in EST zone but are boarding in Vancouver which means check in time is 4 AM! Checked in at 4 AM but wouldn’t let me select boarding time. It appears that on this particular cruise choosing a boarding time is on hold currently and I am told it will probably be around 30 days when we will be able to select a boarding time. I continue to check everyday just in case. Ugghhh, another 4AM😖

did you try on the website as opposed to the app.  Sometimes it's glitchy (note:  I have not traveled from Vancouver so it could just be a "Vancouver thing")

10 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

did you try on the website as opposed to the app.  Sometimes it's glitchy (note:  I have not traveled from Vancouver so it could just be a "Vancouver thing")

Tried both. I’m a  be member of  a Facebook group for that sailing and it has happened to everyone thus far. Was able to enter all necessary information for check in but check in times were unavailable at that time. Just the opposite of normal. I continue to check and see if check in times are available everyday but RC Twitter messaging has said they think those will be available at 30 days. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, check in should open up at midnight tonight for my Oct 23 LOTS cruise.  I know I asked if people really stayed up to get a good boarding time, but we'll be driving to Galveston from Waco on boarding day and I checked with my friend who will be driving.  He said we don't need a boarding time any earlier than noon to allow for delays with so much construction.  So if I want a noon boarding time slot, is there really any need to stay up tonight?  Somehow I don't think that one will be in great demand LOL.

My 45-day just hit this morning (9/8).  We live in Central Time Zone.  I got up around normal for me which is 5:30 am.  I went to the web site and checked us both in for a 10:30-11:00 am time slot.  I even had to fuss around and find pictures. My advice, have pictures downloaded to your PC/Laptop and have your passports (or similar ID) in hand.

I had to find decent pictures on Google Photos (where my phone uploads), then edit them to have just the face, then downloaded them.  I should have done that a few days ago.

10 minutes ago, FSUFAN said:

I even had to fuss around and find pictures. My advice, have pictures downloaded to your PC/Laptop and have your passports (or similar ID) in hand.

I had to find decent pictures on Google Photos (where my phone uploads), then edit them to have just the face, then downloaded them.  I should have done that a few days ago.

You can upload that stuff at any time. My check in was a few weeks ago and I still haven't uploaded my pic but I was up at 12am to pick my boarding time. I picked my time and went back to sleep. In the morning I did everything else except for the picture.

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

I take TERRIBLE selfies!!  It really takes no time at the terminal for them to take your picture.  Bonus being i never have to see it!

You can also just grab a photo off your phone by going through the website (in your phone's browser). I've been using the same picture from a 2018 cruise for the past few months, lol.

On TAD of a B2B in July, the crew member checking us in for the 2nd half in the designated lounge actually recognized the background b/c he used to work on Radiance. I was impressed. It was in front of a random wall by the DL my wife and I just thought looked cool b/c it had lights and kinda looked like space with stars.