Cruise planner repricing game works for Southwest too

On a whim I decided to start checking my Southwest tickets for our cruise in November when I do my cruise planner checks to see if I can get a better deal. I had booked separately each way (for various reasons). Just rebooked one leg for $50/each less on the exact same flight, and then cancelled our return tickets which I had booked with points (and repriced last week for 1,500 less points per person in the same manner), and applied the travel funds from the first flight to the exact same flight we were booked for WAY cheaper. Overall for the both of us, I paid less than $300 for our flights. 

So, if you're still reading by now - check your flights! you can rebook like you do drink packages for a better price! (Tuesday is always the best day to buy Southwest tickets, btw) And now that Southwest travel funds never expire, this is an even better deal!

I booked a BNA to BOS round trip way back when we first decided to do the Voyager OTS this October.  I got a great price on SWA.  I keep getting notices of "Low Fare" sales but cannot touch the price I paid back in early June. Both are non-stop legs.  There are cheaper return flights between 5:00 am and 8:00 am but no way to make it from debarkation to BOS/Logan in time.  Current return is a non-stop leaving at 12:35 pm and that should be plenty of time.

Today’s SWA deal.  Our $166 flights down dropped to $88 each and the flights back that started at 17,365 points each dropped to 2655 this morning!!!  System would not let me make the changes so I called & they did it manually over the phone.  Those prices disappeared 30 minutes later.  Do you think the $18 DBP intern is working for SWA now?!?!!