The Key Lunch

Kris123

I leave Sunday for a 7 day cruise out of Galveston on Liberty of the Seas.  I booked the cruise last min and the earliest check-in avail was 12:00 - 12:30.  I purchased the Key which comes with a lunch but I understand that it closes at 1:30.  

I haven't cruised in about 40 years so timing to get on the boat is new to me.  Will I have time with a noon checkin to make it to the lunch?

I called Royal to get an earlier check-in and they could not accommodate but told me if I had the key I could check in at 11:30.  Have any of you with the Key been allowed in at 11:30 even though your designated time was earlier?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Kris123 said:

I leave Sunday for a 7 day cruise out of Galveston on Liberty of the Seas.  I booked the cruise last min and the earliest check-in avail was 12:00 - 12:30.  I purchased the Key which comes with a lunch but I understand that it closes at 1:30.  

I haven't cruised in about 40 years so timing to get on the boat is new to me.  Will I have time with a noon checkin to make it to the lunch?

I called Royal to get an earlier check-in and they could not accommodate but told me if I had the key I could check in at 11:30.  Have any of you with the Key been allowed in at 11:30 even though your designated time was earlier?

Thanks!

There will be a separate check in line for The Key. Arrive at 11:30 and look the sign that says The Key and you'll zip right in. 

7 hours ago, Kris123 said:

Thanks!

You should get an email instructing you that you can come early with the key or use your assigned time. If checkin opens at 1030 I think 11:00 would be the key time. 

I received an email August 2 for our August 14 sailing subject: Reminder of The Key program benefits!

It stated this within the body of the letter (this was for Wonder, so your time may be different?) :

*Please arrive at the terminal at 11:30 AM. If you are not able to make the early access window, you should arrive within your appointment time and will receive priority access into the terminal.

Lastly, when you arrive to the port for your sailing, please locate The Key signage for priority access into the terminal and make your way onto the ship.

Our preselected time was 11:00 so we just went then. The signage was very good and definitely was priority access/very smooth. We got onto the ship, made our dining reservations, sat down to the Chops lunch in the MDR and started planning our entertainment reservations! Loved it and have already purchased for my next cruise.