Late arrival into MCO. Best transportation to Port Canaveral

Hello everyone, 

I love the YouTube channel. 

my fiance and I are taking an 8 day cruise for our honeymoon. We are on Harmony of the seas leaving Oct 22. 

we land at 10:30 at MCO and have a room booked at the holiday inn in Cocoa Beach. 

im planning on grabbing an Uber. Does that make the most sense or is there a better option?

Hello and welcome,

What exactly is the questions?

Are your flying in the night before? If so, that is a good option. MCO is very far from the port, booking a hotel closer to the port makes for a better embarkation day. Lyft/Uber will be cheaper unless you want to rent a car and will be there more than one day. I believe Port Canaveral, has a drop off and shuttle to the port. 

10 hours ago, Jeremy Adams said:

my question is Uber to the hotel my best option

I think so.

Renting a car provides more flexibility, but if you aren't going to go anywhere else, uber is quite simple and avoids all the extra steps of renting (getting a good rate, waiting to pick up car, etc)

If you are paying any sort of premium to stay in Cocoa Beach you may want to consider something closer to the port since you will be getting in so late that proximity to the beach won't matter.  But Uber/Lyft will be the best option coming in late as well as going to the port in the morning.

Honestly I would rent a car. You can return it at the cruise terminal, so you'd only pay for 1 day (my rate I just booked was $38/day) and you're covered for transportation to the port in the morning as well. Likely a lot less than an Uber. Just have to fill up in Cocoa Beach before heading to the port.

If you have a loyalty program like National's Emerald Aisle, you can just get in a car at MCO and get on with your life. I travel to the Cape for work all the time and that extra few bucks for the Emerald Aisle mid size is SO worth skipping the counter. 

Also, make sure you have toll money on the ready. There are 2 toll booths between Orlando airport and Cocoa Beach. Much cheaper to pay the toll than pay the car rental 'convenience fee and tolls' and easier than going the toll free route.

(if you want to price compare, there is a way to get an Uber estimate of cost based on time of day and distance/location  https://www.uber.com/global/en/price-estimate/)

6 hours ago, Momof4crazytocruise said:

Also, make sure you have toll money on the ready. There are 2 toll booths between Orlando airport and Cocoa Beach. Much cheaper to pay the toll than pay the car rental 'convenience fee and tolls' and easier than going the toll free route.

Toll by plate is going to be the standard.  There was an article in the local paper that the exact change machines are mostly gone and the rest are scheduled for removal.   If you have a automatic toll pass from one of many states that partner with Sunpass you can use that instead.