xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - May 20, 2023 - May 27, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Harmony of the Seas - May 20, 2023 - May 27, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Checking is coming soon!  Couple of questions.  When we check in on the app do we need to have pictures ready to upload when checking in?  Also, does anyone know if check-in starts right at midnight when the day changes from the 4th to the 5th or is it more like 6am on the 5th?  I am just trying to be ready when it is time for check-in

Check in will open at about 12:01am, so late night the 4th or early am the 5th depending on how you want to look at it. Using the app you can just select a boarding time and then do everything else later. We’re sometimes had trouble with check in not opening in the app right away, and have had to use the website.

On 3/20/2023 at 6:53 PM, KevinJ said:

Check in will open at about 12:01am, so late night the 4th or early am the 5th depending on how you want to look at it. Using the app you can just select a boarding time and then do everything else later. We’re sometimes had trouble with check in not opening in the app right away, and have had to use the website.

Good to know about the app giving you issues.  I prefer to use a computer for most anything over an app or mobile site.  

With the website check in you have to load a bunch of your data before you get to the page where you select your boarding time. With the app you can go straight to selecting the boarding time and then do everything else later. My son did our check in for our last cruise and for some reason he used the website and he only had my travel documents so checked me in for a 10:30 time. When I got up a 7am I noticed this and by then all I could get him and my wife was 11:30, I think he assumed that once he selected my boarding time it would apply to all three of us. So as I've seen sometimes the website is available right away but the app lags behind.

2 hours ago, KevinJ said:

Just booked all our entertainment.

Same, I saw it this morning and grabbed everything before teaching my classes.  Jumped on here to help pass on the good news.  I thought it was going to open 30 days prior to sailing.  I am glad I have been checking as much as I have.  I didnt want us to miss out on the shows.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:22 PM, Zennily said:

Tried to reserve entertainment this morning, not sure it was successful, as I didn’t get a confirmation email.  Was I to expect an email?

On 4/1/2023 at 8:46 AM, KevinJ said:

You won't get an email. You should see your reservations in the app when you look in My Calendar.

I received emails confirming all of my reservations.   I didnt book them all at once so I ended up with 4 separate emails, newbie mistake lol.  I was excited to see the shows open for reservations and grabbed seats for Grease 1st then worked on the rest. 😅

5 hours ago, KevinJ said:

all checked in, 10:30 arrival. Tik tok tik tok

Same here woop woop!  App was a breeze to check in.  1st RC cruise so it is just a new process for me.  I stayed up and did it right after midnight.  I wasnt sure how fast the early times would go 😅.   Cant believe we are this close to the cruise now.  

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, KevinJ said:

I always get a Goombay Smash in the Solarium. We like to hang out there waiting for cabins, grab some lunch in the Bistro and avoid the crowds.

Had to look up that drink, sounds amazing.  I am torn on what to start it off with.  Im more of a beer drinker, but was thinking of a Manhattan or something from the pub to start things off.  

I think we are going to be hitting one of the quick grab and go places for lunch.  Just depends on how fast we get on the ship and if we can get a spot in the WJ easily (doubtful).  We are wanting to hit the pools sooner than later before everyone is there.

I almost never do the WJ, the place just annoys me with the crowds. The ship is always a mess the first day, which is why we hide out in the Solarium. My son will usually hit the hot tub there. This is our first time on Harmony and it'll be interesting seeing an original Oasis again. I was on Oasis in 2016. Then the next time was 2021 so got to see the before and after. We're working our way through all the Oasis class ships. After Harmony we have Symphony for a transatlantic. Then Allure for a 4 and 3 back to back. Did Wonder last year and again this year. Keeping an eye out for Utopia's schedule.

23 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

I almost never do the WJ, the place just annoys me with the crowds. The ship is always a mess the first day, which is why we hide out in the Solarium. My son will usually hit the hot tub there. This is our first time on Harmony and it'll be interesting seeing an original Oasis again. I was on Oasis in 2016. Then the next time was 2021 so got to see the before and after. We're working our way through all the Oasis class ships. After Harmony we have Symphony for a transatlantic. Then Allure for a 4 and 3 back to back. Did Wonder last year and again this year. Keeping an eye out for Utopia's schedule.

Our daughter is 13.  Will that be an issue for us to get lunch in the Solarium on embarkation day?

10am flight from Boston to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow, we're taking SAS transport from our Hotel to the port Saturday morning for our 10:30 boarding time. Going through all the last minute packing checks. I'll probably check all my documents a dozen times between now and boarding!

• 2 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - May 20, 2023 - May 27, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)