Testing Question

deep1

Yeah yeah, I know there is a lot of chatter about dropping testing like other companies have done. Right now though we are still required to test. Here is the building problem that goes with it. Lack of places to get the testing done.  In the past I have had a pretty rough go with Emed. One set of tests was sent already past the extended expiration date. Another set came without the drops. A couple second wifi disruption voided yet another. So you can see that my trust in them just isn't very strong.

I had a testing company in neighboring town that I made bookings with. Drove by the place a few days ago and building vacant and telephone no longer in service. So.... I look up on google and Bing, Covid testing near me. About 25 places came up . Mostly CVS, Walgreen's, and rite Aid. all three have been cancelling, or not testing people without doctors scrip, or not testing any more period, or not even fully open due to staffing shortages. There were a hand full of emergency clinics listed. Most not doing any tests, a few were but not rapid.  So I find myself scrambling. I live in Monmouth County, New Jersey for the summer and will be doing Oasis out of Bayonne middle of next month. Does anybody have a RELIABLE place in this area to get tested at?

7 hours ago, deep1 said:

Yeah yeah, I know there is a lot of chatter about dropping testing like other companies have done. Right now though we are still required to test. Here is the building problem that goes with it. Lack of places to get the testing done.  In the past I have had a pretty rough go with Emed. One set of tests was sent already past the extended expiration date. Another set came without the drops. A couple second wifi disruption voided yet another. So you can see that my trust in them just isn't very strong.

I had a testing company in neighboring town that I made bookings with. Drove by the place a few days ago and building vacant and telephone no longer in service. So.... I look up on google and Bing, Covid testing near me. About 25 places came up . Mostly CVS, Walgreen's, and rite Aid. all three have been cancelling, or not testing people without doctors scrip, or not testing any more period, or not even fully open due to staffing shortages. There were a hand full of emergency clinics listed. Most not doing any tests, a few were but not rapid.  So I find myself scrambling. I live in Monmouth County, New Jersey for the summer and will be doing Oasis out of Bayonne middle of next month. Does anybody have a RELIABLE place in this area to get tested at?

Agreed, we are flying from the UK to the US so will need to get a test there before our Cruise (Oasis end of Sep) and there's a huge lack of testing centres.  The EMED things aren't available in the UK so it's getting very difficult to get tested in the timeframe needed.  RC are very behind the times with testing being abandoned everywhere, it makes testing not very profitable anymore hence everywhere closing.  Bit of a nightmare!

I know it’s not local to you, but our local airport still has testing.  Maybe an airport in your area has testing.

It’s done by Curative.  Info says no out of pocket expenses.  I don’t know if it’s subsidized by the state or not. 

I just scheduled an test for Thursday to use on our Sunday boarding of Liberty. 

@deep1 I’m also in Monmouth County. I use CVS. I go on their website, enter my zip code, and have a choice between PCR…or Antigen with Minute Clinic visit…or just a rapid Antigen. 
There are multiple CVS locations near me offering both PCR and Antigen at Minute Clinic, and one nearby on route 9 with the rapid Antigen. Lots of dates and times available. Hopefully they will still be available for my Sept cruise. Fingers crossed. 
But then again, fingers crossed that the pre-cruise testing mandate goes away. 
I also have the eMed tests and have never had a problem with any of them…either the actual test or my WiFi. 
I even used some of them that were due to expire…I figure it’s good practice…and never had a problem connecting with a monitor or conducting the test. 
Good luck @deep1and happy cruising!

7 hours ago, BrianB said:

@deep1 I’m also in Monmouth County. I use CVS. I go on their website, enter my zip code, and have a choice between PCR…or Antigen with Minute Clinic visit…or just a rapid Antigen. 
There are multiple CVS locations near me offering both PCR and Antigen at Minute Clinic, and one nearby on route 9 with the rapid Antigen. Lots of dates and times available. Hopefully they will still be available for my Sept cruise. Fingers crossed. 
But then again, fingers crossed that the pre-cruise testing mandate goes away. 
I also have the eMed tests and have never had a problem with any of them…either the actual test or my WiFi. 
I even used some of them that were due to expire…I figure it’s good practice…and never had a problem connecting with a monitor or conducting the test. 
Good luck @deep1and happy cruising!

The CVS's up here at Red Bank, Middletown. Highlands, Rt 35  and rt 36  used to do them then started cancelling frequently many stopped all together in last couple to few weeks ... Walgreens as well. Found one Walgreen's that would do em today but they wouldn't guarantee that by sail time they would still be doing em. Came away with that then saw that they dropped the requirement for cruises of less than 10 nights or less with Bermuda and Canada as still requiring. I'm for now off the hook but can't help feeling for those that still do need to test. 

5 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

If you have any of the US Government free tests, there are a few companies offering online proctored testing using the Gov provided tests.

5 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

If you have any of the US Government free tests, there are a few companies offering online proctored testing using the Gov provided tests.

I didn't know that... They just dropped the test requirement for my next but its good to know....