Another time zone question

I've read all the previous ship vs local time zone questions....and I'm still confused as it seems the answer may be a variable.

So, I'll try to keep it specific - the times shown on my cruise receipt for arrival and departure from the ports - are they based on the local port time, or are they all Miami time?

My specific cruise leaves Miami and goes to St Maarten, St. Thomas, and Coco Cay.  St Maarten and St Thomas are Atlantic Standard time (and don't change for DST), while Miami and Coco Cay are Eastern...and also change for Daylight Saving Time.  Since it will be December, everything will be in Standard Time.

I would think the times on the receipt would have to be local time, given all the places in the world that RCCL sails to.

2 hours ago, ultimate_ed said:

I would think the times on the receipt would have to be local time, given all the places in the world that RCCL sails to.

They are the ship's time, which can change depending on where you are sailing to and the Captain's preference.  Sometimes they will change the ship time to reflect local time and sometimes they won't. Usually they are really good about telling you to make sure you change your clocks or to NOT change them and ignore the local time when off the ship.

When you board the ship for the first time, it is local time.  After that always go by ship time.  The captain has the choice of changing time and when to change it.  On my last trans-Atlantic cruise, we changed an hour each day, but the captain did it at noon.  That really messed us up.  You would get out of bed and know your time then at noon we would lose an hour and be late for everything.

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

They are the ship's time, which can change depending on where you are sailing to and the Captain's preference.  Sometimes they will change the ship time to reflect local time and sometimes they won't. Usually they are really good about telling you to make sure you change your clocks or to NOT change them and ignore the local time when off the ship.

An added issue with these unknown time changes: if you are purchasing tours not sold by the ship, the time difference could possibly cause late return to the ship.  The other side of the coin could be that you might miss the start of the tour.

17 hours ago, Allen2 said:

An added issue with these unknown time changes: if you are purchasing tours not sold by the ship, the time difference could possibly cause late return to the ship.  The other side of the coin could be that you might miss the start of the tour.

That's actually why I'm asking.  Though, in my case, the tour is pretty much in the middle of our in port window, so shifting the window +/- 1 hour due to a time zone difference won't cause me to miss or come back late, but will impact when I plan to get off the ship.

Looks like the ultimate answer is I'll just have to make sure to see what time it is local and ship clocks when we dock that day.