Can you book adjoining rooms as a GTY (guarantee)?

Is it possible to book two adjoining rooms as a GTY (guarantee) where RCL will choose the specific pair of adjoining rooms you get?  We just got back from an 8 day New England cruise where our teenagers were in the adjoining room and that worked out well.  We are planning next summer's cruise and would like to have adjoining rooms again.  I would like to be able to book two GTY rooms that would be adjoining but I'm not sure if that's possilble.

If that's not possible, does anyone have experience with requesting adjoining interior rooms once onboard?

Thanks in advance!

Nope, you can’t have it both ways with getting a discounted price for a GTY but at the same time want a very specific room type and location relative to each other. If you want “guaranteed” connecting rooms, you have to book them. When you do GTY, there isn’t even a guarantee that any connecting rooms will even be available by the time your rooms are assigned. You are taking a chance of accepting whatever is leftover for the lower price. 

3 hours ago, twangster said:

If you desire to have any level of control over cabin location or specific type you should avoid GTY.

I cannot stress this enough. Most of the time Royal Caribbean will not let you change a room once it's assigned. If you don't want obstructed or if you want a certain location then do not book GTY!