It Worked!

At the suggestion from many of you guys, I got us added on the wait list for early dining.  Well, just found out yesterday that they have changed us to the 5:30 pm dining time.  With the two youngest grandgirls (and hubby too) this will be so much better. 

We have our excursions picked and paid for, drink packages done, formal outfits figured out (for the most part) as we are doing the first formal night for family pictures.  I have an over the door (big pocket) organizer as the two grands staying in our cabin will have too much stuff I'm sure.  I have a USB charger that has 8 ports so that we can charge everyone's phones, tablets, and watches.

I still need to get some of those magnet clips to hang stuff up (swimsuits to dry and etc).  Any others good ideas that I might need?

I"ve found that if you booked out far, they only have 8:00 for dinner but as it gets closer (usually about 90 days) the 5:30 opens.  I think they want as many at the late as possible.  It always pays to call them if you want something.  Most of the time you can get what you want.

For my 2 youngest kids, I put their clothes (shirt, short or dress, socks and undies) in gallon sized ziplock bags and labelled with the day of the week to wear.  Sounds a bit over the top but the first cruise, I didn't supervise the outfits and they ran out of clothes as they put on 1 outfit for breakfast, changed into a bathing suit, a different outfit for lunch, changed into bathing suit and a 3rd one for dinner.  This way they know which clothes to wear when.  

For my DD5, I'll pack a bunch of cotton dresses and she can wear a clean one to dinner and then reuses the dress the next day.  

Pack a battery operated tea light for the bathroom and possibly your room if the kids are scared of the dark.

Have a great time!