Liberty of the Seas - Is there sushi at the windjammer?

endofturn

Haven't seen sushi in a WJ in a long time.

Back in the day I remember getting sushi there every night (even if we were eating elsewhere). IIRC, some ships had an Asian looking side to the WJ (possibly Voyager class in the 2000's?) and that's where the sushi could be found.

13 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I didn't see sushi on Oasis this week if that helps any. It would be awesome if they did. They have Izumi though but it's pay of course. 

Liberty and Oasis are two different ships. Liberty doesn't have Izumi.

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Haven't seen sushi in a WJ in a long time.

Back in the day I remember getting sushi there every night (even if we were eating elsewhere). IIRC, some ships had an Asian looking side to the WJ (possibly Voyager class in the 2000's?) and that's where the sushi could be found.

Last time I was on Liberty was 2016. Immediately as you entered the WJ, on the right side the first thing was a sushi section. We had it every night. I think it was part of their Jade section. It wasn't a nightly theme at the time, it was always available.

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I recall reading that certain ships had a sushi section, but I think it was 2 and none of them were Oasis class.

Liberty isn't an Oasis class ship.

3 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

Buffet sushi…..no thanks! 

Helpful.

3 hours ago, Cakemeister said:

Sailing on her in a couple of weeks, I can check. 

Thank you, please let me know. I go in October.

3 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I don't recall seeing sushi available in the Windjammer on any recent voyage, even on the Asian-themed dinner night.

On the Liberty?

1 hour ago, need2cruz said:

I was on Liberty a few weeks ago.  Although I only ate at the Windjammer for breakfast, my 3 teen sons went to the Windjammer each night after working out in the gym.  None of them saw any sushi there.

Well that isn't promising. Did they not see it or were they actively looking for it?

12 minutes ago, endofturn said:

Well that isn't promising. Did they not see it or were they actively looking for it?

They weren't looking for sushi.  Actually, the 16 year old said, "they could of had it, but I wasn't looking for it".  Sorry, I wish I could be of more help.  I do have to say, if they have it available,ask the head waiter to bring it to the MDR.  The head waiter brought us a big selection of Indian food to sample while at dinner.  We absolutely loved our experience on Liberty.  If for some reason there wasn't sushi available, I'm pretty sure they'd make it special for you.

14 minutes ago, need2cruz said:

They weren't looking for sushi.  Actually, the 16 year old said, "they could of had it, but I wasn't looking for it".  Sorry, I wish I could be of more help.  I do have to say, if they have it available,ask the head waiter to bring it to the MDR.  The head waiter brought us a big selection of Indian food to sample while at dinner.  We absolutely loved our experience on Liberty.  If for some reason there wasn't sushi available, I'm pretty sure they'd make it special for you.

We would go to the WJ as soon as it opened, have sushi, then MDR, then WJ again before it closed every night. It was a big part of what we look forward to on our cruises. (This will be our 6th)

Hearing it isn't a thing anymore legitimately affects how I feel about cruising next month. I still haven't heard a definitive no so I'll keep asking. Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...