Radiance Hygiene Rant

We just sailed Radiance of the Seas. From Vancouver to Seward. Our first Alaska cruise and, even tho the weather did NOT cooperate, we had a marvelous time.

One thing I found peculiar is that we were never reminded to sanitize our hands when entering any dining venue. Not one time. There were employees there greeting you, but they never suggested our reminded people to use the hand sanitizer.

You'd think they would be super vigilant. Our other 3 post COVID shutdown cruises watched you like a hawk...

1 hour ago, Jim Bonaventura said:

We just sailed Radiance of the Seas. From Vancouver to Seward. Our first Alaska cruise and, even tho the weather did NOT cooperate, we had a marvelous time.

One thing I found peculiar is that we were never reminded to sanitize our hands when entering any dining venue. Not one time. There were employees there greeting you, but they never suggested our reminded people to use the hand sanitizer.

You'd think they would be super vigilant. Our other 3 post COVID shutdown cruises watched you like a hawk...

Sounds like you're almost complaining that you weren't bombarded with the incessant "washy, washy" that is so familiar.

I would LOVE to enter the Windjammer with just a greeting rather than "washy, washy."

1 hour ago, Jim Bonaventura said:

To semi quote (with a few changes) a great song by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes "If you don't know it by now, you will never never never know it".

3 hours ago, Jim Bonaventura said:

I did a Celebrity sailing recently.  They were with the sanitizer on Day 1 at Their “Windjammer” and then disappeared and reappeared the last day.  The sanitizing dispenser set up let out a pea size droplet. Personally I feel it’s a waste of time when you watch people eat and go back for more, or those who bypass cleaning in the first place. I carry my own sanitizer and for whatever it’s worth I sanitize a second time at the table before I eat.