more questions

Bonnen

1 hour ago, Bonnen said:

which part of the ship is best to book a balcony front, middle or back of the ship?

People seem to love the aft but if you want less motion middle would be the way to go... It's like asking do you like appetizers, entrees or desserts?  I am sure there are people that like different things.

The front of the ship you will see more dolphins because they like to ride the ship wake.

The middle of the ship is good because it has less movement and is easy to get to everything.

The back of the ship rides smoother in the water and is closer to the buffet.  

The Aft (very back ) of the ship is relaxing watching the path of the ship.

Cheapest cruise experience is to take one’s Razor scooter to the port area and enjoy watching the ship sail away while enjoying complementary drinking fountain water.

Standard Sunday for my family. My kids get to enjoy a cruise ship many times per year. 

It appears the people on board may be having more fun. 

Balconies are great pretty much anywhere onboard. But, as commented above, it’s a personal choice. Forward, mid or aft have their own pros and cons. But a major consideration for me is what’s nearby…such as what’s on the deck above. Being directly above, below or alongside a venue where there may be excessive noise…or chair dragging as they set up early morning. 
I’ve done pretty much all locations. Balconies forward, aft or midship are fine. The only balcony I didn’t like was the ones underneath the ship. A little too damp.😜

11 hours ago, Bonnen said:

which part of the ship is best to book a balcony front, middle or back of the ship?

We prefer amidships although on Oasis-class ships there are sometimes special prices on Boardwalk interior balconies.  I would look at the total package for the ship you are sailing, including proximity to venues you intend to visit regularly.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

The part of the ship that is the least expensive is the best.

When I'm paying, this is my line of thinking.

If I'm able to choose, I'm always going to drift towards the cabins that are closer and more convenient to the places that I frequent on the ship.  Most of the ships have the MDR and Windjammer aft while the theaters are forward.  If you spend a lot of time in the Solarium, you may want the room that is closer to the elevator bank that services that area of the ship.

Sailing on another line, we have had a forward balcony on the lido deck twice. It was great to slip out of the room while Mrs Fan was getting ready, make a plate of cheeses, crackers and meats, then head back to the room and get myself ready for dinner.  Due to the location, I was out and back in 10 minutes. We would have a little wine and charcuterie happy hour prior to dinner on the balcony.

I need more information to answer the question properly. Are you prone to seasickness? Do you have budget constraints for the type of balcony? Are you planning on spending a fair amount of time in the room? Do you mind an obstructed view from the balcony? Do you have an idea of what particular ship you will be sailing on, because every ship is different in layout. Do you want to be located near events like the main dining room or the pool? Are you noise sensitive?

10 hours ago, Gadget Hackwrench said:

I need more information to answer the question properly. Are you prone to seasickness? Do you have budget constraints for the type of balcony? Are you planning on spending a fair amount of time in the room? Do you mind an obstructed view from the balcony? Do you have an idea of what particular ship you will be sailing on, because every ship is different in layout. Do you want to be located near events like the main dining room or the pool? Are you noise sensitive?

I'm on deck 10 aft.  no seasickness doesn't bother me. 5 minutes later over the edge. Haha jkjk I'm on explorer of the seas.

My major concern is that in the aft section of that ship, some aft cabins have views partially obstructed by pipes. Balconies in that part of the ship are quite large and passengers can still enjoy rather expansive ocean views from their chairs. We need to be careful here.

Please consult this YouTube video with an extensive breakdown of all room types and a breakdown of individual rooms.

23 hours ago, Blur said:

People seem to love the aft but if you want less motion middle would be the way to go... It's like asking do you like appetizers, entrees or desserts?  I am sure there are people that like different things.

Or like saying which is best, cake, pie, or donuts? It depends on the person, but all are delicious!