CocoCay food

Bonnen

The chicken. 

More seriously, the taco bar appeared to be the same as El Loco Fresh on Oasis with the addition of jalapeños on the toppings bar. So if the ship doesn't have ELF, I know what I'm going for. 

As an aside, you can make a guacamole jalapeño burger with everything on offer at the island buffets. If that's something you like. 

16609568756440.jpg

22 minutes ago, xps15z said:

How much does that cost?

You pay for the beach club entry which includes the lunch.  It is in the cruise planner as an option.  Early in the return I paid about $60 when  ships were at reduced capacity with low demand, now with fuller capacity sailings it seems to be north of $150 on the sailings I have booked.  

I like the chicken sandwich how it comes but one hack is to order it plain with mozzarella sticks on the side... then put the mozz sticks and marinara on top for a chicken parm sandwich.

Desserts...

1. As much funnel cake as you can eat.

2. Another hack... Get 2 cookies from one of the buffets and take them to the ice cream machine to make an ice cream sandwich.

14 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I second the chicken sandwich and agree about the tacos.

I might be the minority, but I didn't like the Beach club food, to me it was the worst. 

I'm in the same minority. I'd rather have the chicken sandwich.

The food wasn't bad at the Beach Club in my opinion, it's just really heavy and not what I feel like eating at a beach. Although I do like the appetizers a lot, but those are much lighter, fresher options than the steak and lobster entrees.  

I will qualify that I've never actually eaten AT the Beach Club restaurant. All of my experiences with the Beach Club food have been from a cabana.

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'm in the same minority. I'd rather have the chicken sandwich.

The food wasn't bad at the Beach Club in my opinion, it's just really heavy and not what I feel like eating at a beach. Although I do like the appetizers a lot, but those are much lighter, fresher options than the steak and lobster entrees.  

I will qualify that I've never actually eaten AT the Beach Club restaurant. All of my experiences with the Beach Club food have been from a cabana.

Might not be a minority if too many more of us agree, lol. I enjoyed the beach club food (also in a cabana) but count me in.

I did really like the coconut crusted lobster sandwich though and that fits in with the non-beach club food, IMO.

We enjoy all of the food on Coco Cay...it's all about relishing each moment and making the best of this amazing private island with incredible amenities.

We've enjoyed the Beach Club lunch the 3 times we chose that option and we also loved the Snack Shack and buffet food found on the island on a non-Beach Club visit.

Happy Sailing to all! 🙂 

The Snack Shack "Special" is the chicken sandwich with the mozzarella sticks on it.   One thing about snack shacks (one behind the pool, one in the waterpark, one at south beach) is that it opens a half hour before the other main food places.  Captain Jack's wings (upcharge) I didn't care for.  I have not tried the beach club yet.

22 hours ago, Atricks said:

The Snack Shack "Special" is the chicken sandwich with the mozzarella sticks on it.   One thing about snack shacks (one behind the pool, one in the waterpark, one at south beach) is that it opens a half hour before the other main food places.  Captain Jack's wings (upcharge) I didn't care for.  I have not tried the beach club yet.

The Beach Club is an amazing experience I suggest everyone try at least once. The trick is to snag a good price for the venue. We always purchase it right after booking a cruise to save our spot, with the intention to cancel and rebook at a lower price during the sales...the Black Friday sale around Thanksgiving seems to offer the best deals.

3 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

The Beach Club is an amazing experience I suggest everyone try at least once. The trick is to snag a good price for the venue. We always purchase it right after booking a cruise to save our spot, with the intention to cancel and rebook at a lower price during the sales...the Black Friday sale around Thanksgiving seems to offer the best deals.

yes, we are going to try  to look at the price, hoping to snag in double digits and then if it drops for BF sale, we'll do the old cancel and swap out. will keep an eye on it earlier on though, based on this tip 🙂 i'm going to have a hard time convincing the others in my party to pay triple digits for this otherwise,,,,,

4 hours ago, teddy said:

I suggest calling if you want to cancel and rebook the Beach Club rather than doing it through the Cruise Planner. 

We did it online and lost out completely because during the time it took to rebook, there ended up being only one spot left and we needed two

This is really GREAT advice.  Same with cancelling and rebooking a cabana when there are few (or none) available.  I don't know if there are "wait lists" for the Club or cabanas but that would also explain why someone might lose their cabana if they release it and then try and re-buy....there might be someone lurking on a wait list that scooped it up as soon as it was released.

On 8/23/2022 at 8:40 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is really GREAT advice.  Same with cancelling and rebooking a cabana when there are few (or none) available.  I don't know if there are "wait lists" for the Club or cabanas but that would also explain why someone might lose their cabana if they release it and then try and re-buy....there might be someone lurking on a wait list that scooped it up as soon as it was released.

As far as the Beach Club Cabanas go(not beach club admission), only one person purchases the reservation. You don't specify who else is in the party until you are onboard.
You can make the reservation at the better price under your spouse/significant other's name then cancel the original reservation. That way you don't lose the reservation and no long waits on the phone.