Dadong?

Chris Darrigo

I was just perusing the RC ultimate dining package option for an upcoming cruise and saw this language

• For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

Dadong?!  I've never heard of this.  I did a Google search and best I could figure is that its an Asian Market experience?

Does anyone have details on this?  I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it on their blogs, vlogs, Podcasts, Pateron chats and YouTube Q&A sessions.

Thanks! 

From my understanding it’s a version of Wonderland found on one of the ships that frequents itineraries in Asian ports (I forgot at the moment which ship it was I saw it was on). The entire menu seems to be mostly different and was created by a chef who is popular in Asia named Dadong. I’ve seen reviews of it from people who have gone and from what I recall is was very seafood heavy. 

• 5 months later...

DaDong is a popular restaurant chain in China known for its Peking Duck. They even had a location in NYC for a couple years. DaDong Wonderland is a collaboration between the restaurant chain and Royal Caribbean. Unlike the regular Wonderland menu, DaDong Wonderland is a set menu with the Peking Duck being the main attraction. It’s not a seafood heavy menu since only 4 of the 9 courses features seafood. It also features some menu item that is popular in the land based restaurants. I was able to try it on Spectrum of the Seas and it was easily the best specialty restaurant I’ve tried on a Royal Caribbean ship.