Bermuda Vaccination Requirements Policy Change effective August 22nd

http://coronavirus.bernews.com/minister-unvaccinated-travelers-to-be-allowed/

The government of Bermuda announced this policy change effective August 22nd for people not vaccinated on cruise ships. Please understand this will impact Travel Authorization documents for entry!

This is the important part here    “Unvaccinated travellers with a TA submitted before August 22 but TA not yet approved will be held to the new requirements."

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

This basically means that unxaxx pax will have to test themselves before they board 

Just as those who are vaccinated have had to do for the past year. 

If people want to cruise they will just have to get on with it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I  just got off the Enchantment of the Seas a few hours ago. We were very fortunate that the major hurricane heading toward Bermuda did not impact our stay at all. My condolences to the Mariner of the Seas that was impacted while at port and the other ships that chose to divert.

The Bermuda Travel Authorization process is very straightforward. You fill out the document when it becomes available and wait for many weeks until the week before the cruise when if the paperwork is in order and you uploaded the correct documents you are approved. For me the document was approved on the Saturday prior to sailing. You can ignore the part where it asked for the COVID test to be uploaded, because you are traveling with one of the Big 3 who have an exemption which are Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian. When my party arrived in Baltimore we were processed for this aspect of the overall boarding process by being given a sticker to wear on our clothes. Once you have actually boarded the ship, you can remove the sticker. I have attached a photo of my sticker.

In Bermuda no one, not even the Port Authority, will ever ask you for documents or the sticker. You will be required to wear a mask for ten seconds while walking through a very tiny open air building, after which almost everyone promptly removes it.

0.jpg

3 hours ago, Gadget Hackwrench said:

I  just got off the Enchantment of the Seas a few hours ago. We were very fortunate that the major hurricane heading toward Bermuda did not impact our stay at all. My condolences to the Mariner of the Seas that was impacted while at port and the other ships that chose to divert.

The Bermuda Travel Authorization process is very straightforward. You fill out the document when it becomes available and wait for many weeks until the week before the cruise when if the paperwork is in order and you uploaded the correct documents you are approved. For me the document was approved on the Saturday prior to sailing. You can ignore the part where it asked for the COVID test to be uploaded, because you are traveling with one of the Big 3 who have an exemption which are Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian. When my party arrived in Baltimore we were processed for this aspect of the overall boarding process by being given a sticker to wear on our clothes. Once you have actually boarded the ship, you can remove the sticker. I have attached a photo of my sticker.

In Bermuda no one, not even the Port Authority, will ever ask you for documents or the sticker. You will be required to wear a mask for ten seconds while walking through a very tiny open air building, after which almost everyone promptly removes it.

0.jpg

Thanks for this update!!!  I cruise to Bermuda in October. 

On 9/8/2022 at 1:03 PM, Gadget Hackwrench said:

You can ignore the part where it asked for the COVID test to be uploaded, because you are traveling with one of the Big 3 who have an exemption which are Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian.

You still had to have an at home test before the cruise? You didn’t have to upload that?

Bermuda for my cruise REQUIRED me to bring the negative test certified by a reputable laboratory to the front counter in Baltimore for check-in. I was NOT required to upload that test result to the Bermuda Travel Authorization document. There will be an automatic email requesting this test result to be added to your application from the Bermudan government. Which you can ignore. But you need to have a negative test result until such time as the government of Bermuda changes this policy.