Water Package

Hi @SewerUrchin43 

My Grandeur sailing in January from Miami does not specify a particular brand just says 'bottles' until you go to order then it says '12 or 24 cans'!

My planner for Explorer from Venice next September states San Benedetto cans - not sure if just an Italian thing though???

As I go for the refreshment package I never order the bottles/cans as can get as I go and they have always been bottles when ordered from bars or when getting off the ship and the sparkling has been San Pellegrino. I do not recall ever having their own RCI H2O.

I am sure somebody ( @twangster@Matt etc) will know each brand by ship by port by day!! 

Enjoy the cruise!

The brand of the water will be subject to local availability.  

Cruises in Europe will use local sources so encountering a brand from Europe is common.  The first few cruises after a ship changes homeport can result in a different brand compared to what they might use a month after repositioning.  

The current supply chain weirdness can also result in some unpredictable results.

All this to say I'm not anyone can safely predict what brand you may be delivered for your cruise.

I have only sailed from the US, but my experience lately has been:

On 8/18/2022 at 3:23 AM, Bazza said:

San Benedetto cans - not sure if just an Italian thing though

These are what we had right after a ship came over from Europe in slim cans, but once that supply ran out they were back to the TRUE brand that I've seen most places. 

They starting using their own canned water shortly after the website switched to say it was canned water you were purchasing, but I only saw that on few sailings. Then right back to the TRUE bottles.

If you are picky, the TRUE may be spring or drinking water. I've seen both.

Sailed out of Bayonne twice last month, bought the water package both times. The first time the brand was True. Second time it was Poland Springs. It was also in plastic bottles, not in cans like the pictures on the Cruise Planner. Also they were 16.9 oz, not 12 as quoted when purchased.

On 8/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, SewerUrchin43 said:

Thank you All for the replies. I was worried because we don’t care for the Desani brand and I know that it’s owned by Coke so I figured that is what it could be. 

Dasani is just city (they call it "Municipal") tap water that has been filtered.  

From the Dasani Wikipedia page

Dasani is sourced from local municipal tap water supplies, and then filtered in bottled water plants before being bottled. Places Dasani sources its water from include: California, Minnesota, Arizona, Colorado, and Michigan.