MDR Menu on App

Sydnie

Hey all. We are on Allure for Sept 11 sailing and I have been trying to decide on a specialty restaurant. We will be with several first time cruisers, so we want to do MDR for dinner most nights so they get the "experience", but I have never done a specialty and would love to try one of them this time around.

Anyways, I have been checking out the menu on the app for my sailing and wanted to know if it's pretty reliable to be correct while we are still a month out from our sailing? For example, day 2 is my least favorite menu offerings and we would love to try specialty that night (which is perfect since we have a birthday on board that night too!) if the menu will be what is currently listed for dinner on the app for that night. Much thanks for the insight!

14 hours ago, Sydnie said:

Thanks so much. I thought so but I have been doubting myself and wondering if the app could be wrong. I just don't want to have anyone miss formal night or anything special. Day 2 seems perfect timing for us!

On our June cruise lobster night changed.  It wasn't actually one of the formal nights.

15 hours ago, Sydnie said:

Thanks so much. I thought so but I have been doubting myself and wondering if the app could be wrong. I just don't want to have anyone miss formal night or anything special. Day 2 seems perfect timing for us!

If you're on a 7-8 night, the first formal night will be on day 2. You can still go to a specialty restaurant and take all your pictures even if you're not eating in the MDR and I actually really enjoyed our last formal night with specialty dining.

7 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

If you're on a 7-8 night, the first formal night will be on day 2. You can still go to a specialty restaurant and take all your pictures even if you're not eating in the MDR and I actually really enjoyed our last formal night with specialty dining.

Sadly this is only a 6 night cruise (my shortest ever!) but it works best for everyone involved. We have like 10 people, so it was tough to plan around. I think we only get one formal night, is that correct? So really hoping it's not on day 2 because I would love to spend the day at cococay enjoying the beach and then do a late specialty dinner if the menu stays as currently listed.