Is there a current picture of the kid's menu for explorer of the seas?

briget

1 hour ago, briget said:

Hi, I'm sailing at the end of the month and trying to figure out what I need to do about food for my picky child. We're planning on packing a suitcase full of shelf stable snacks but I need to see what is going to be an option for him 

There's a photo in the comments on a really old thread:

The menu is currently pretty much the same.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:13 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Windjammer is a buffet.  You won't find a specific kids menu for it, but they definitely have kid friendly items on the buffet.

I know. The original poster wanted to know where to feed her picky child. Buffets are great because they see the food and can decide.  However,  some foods are not what they appear. I had a green melon smoothie, which would look interesting but tasted yuck.

My kids were not finicky, and they liked the grown up menu. 

Was going to chime in and say there may also be adult offerings you child might like.  Picky means different things to different kids.  My picky daughter (37 now) was a legume eater.  Forget nuggets, pizza, hamburgers.  Bring on the three bean salad!  Also, weirdly, frozen uncooked peas. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

12 hours ago, Audrey V. said:

My kids were not finicky, and they liked the grown up menu. 

An additional point to add to this, on my most recent cruise the dining staff was not only open to letting my kids try new things on the adult menu, they actively encouraged it.  They were sure to linger/check-in fairly early when they knew one of them was exploring a new food and quick to offer a replacement in case they didn't like it.  Despite what was surely more work for them, they really seemed to enjoy seeing them taking chances.  Either that, or they were Hollywood-level actors! 😉

Okay, so the final point is that it is not just the food, but taking the kids to the adult MDR means they sit and talk with other adults, use cutlery correctly (not to mention cloth napkin), and learn manners with the wait staff who were truly delightful to their young guests. Last I checked, classes for learning manners may cost more than the cost of the cruise (Ritz Carlton in Naples). 

I thought the MDR might be more trouble that it was worth with my 10 year old grandson.  But the last night, there was a menu item I knew he’d like so we went.  Dang if he didn’t love the experience.  From the minute they put his napkin in his lap, he was hooked.  You just never know .