Best Specialty Restaurants - Symphony of the Seas

FrankCincotta

Hi all -

Traveling with my gf on Symphony October 22nd, who has never been on an Oasis Class Ship, and I am trying to determine which specialty restaurants we should sign up for.

We did chops on independence, which was good but I think we both want to try 3 new ones together.

My top 2 are below, but does anyone have recommendations on a 3rd? Debating between Izumi Hibachi, or Wonderland. Thoughts?

- Jamies Italian

- 150 Central Park

Wonderland seems to depend on how adventurous you are. If you are open minded, I would recommend is. Izumi is good, but nothing special. Much much much better teppanyaki all over the country. But if you take into account as it also being a show while at sea, then it’s more worth it. For my 2 cents, Wonderland is much more unique to RC. Teppanyaki restaurants aren’t anything special and can find one anywhere. They are a dime a dozen. I live in a small city and we have 3 teppanyaki restaurants and nothing close to Wonderland.

8 hours ago, FrankCincotta said:

Hi all -

Traveling with my gf on Symphony October 22nd, who has never been on an Oasis Class Ship, and I am trying to determine which specialty restaurants we should sign up for.

We did chops on independence, which was good but I think we both want to try 3 new ones together.

My top 2 are below, but does anyone have recommendations on a 3rd? Debating between Izumi Hibachi, or Wonderland. Thoughts?

- Jamies Italian

- 150 Central Park

You will love Symphony!! 150 Central Park was awesome and as @Ampurp85 suggested, it may be worth doing twice. We did!! Wonderland, IMO, should be done at least once. It was a nicer experience on Anthem than on Symphony, again, IMO. Izumi Hibachi was nice, but nothing to write home about. However, what we did really enjoy at Izumi's was the Sushi & Sake Lunch, although not included in the Dining Plans. Hooked was a more casual experience but the soft shell crab was amazing and we had a really nice server, Ginny. She was truly accommodating...we asked for San Pellegrino and she was set to bring us Dom Perignon!! 

10 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I love 150 Central Park.  Wonderland is a very unique experience, but the food does not often please everyone.   But I would chose Wonderland if you have never tried it before.  Hibachi is entertaining but very noisy.  Also is more common type of food.

Oh Yes, Hooked is also great!

On 8/17/2022 at 1:46 PM, FrankCincotta said:

Hi all -

- Jamies Italian

- 150 Central Park

Frank, from the looks of your last name, it appears you may be Italian.  As I am.  If you live in a city/town that has real Italian food then Jamie’s might be a bit of a let down.  Jamie’s is good but you’ll never confuse it with with great, true Italian food.  It’s great with a group bc they just basically bring any and everything you want to try.  If you go as a couple, it’s more like a traditional restaurant in that they take your order, and what you order, that’s all they bring to the table.  It isn’t a bad meal at all but it will not be confused with some of the great Italian restaurants you can find in NYC or the NE. 

Now, 150 Central Park is great.  Go with the Lobster Thermidore and you can thank me when you get back from your cruise. 

On 8/21/2022 at 9:25 PM, TMatl said:

Frank, from the looks of your last name, it appears you may be Italian.  As I am.  If you live in a city/town that has real Italian food then Jamie’s might be a bit of a let down.  Jamie’s is good but you’ll never confuse it with with great, true Italian food.  It’s great with a group bc they just basically bring any and everything you want to try.  If you go as a couple, it’s more like a traditional restaurant in that they take your order, and what you order, that’s all they bring to the table.  It isn’t a bad meal at all but it will not be confused with some of the great Italian restaurants you can find in NYC or the NE. 

Now, 150 Central Park is great.  Go with the Lobster Thermidore and you can thank me when you get back from your cruise. 

i second this. if you're italian or KNOW good italian, you are probably going to want to pass on jamie's. it's decent! but you're probably used to the good stuff in NYC or NJ (shout out!!) then you'll likely be a bit underwhelmed.

that said, DEFINITELY go to 150 central park!! it's just an incredibly nice experience with a great staff + overall unique time; truly fine dining the signature cocktail was DELICIOUS. also it's a bit of a calm respite compared to so many other dining experiences within the ship. they did a great job here.

wonderland is also fun and a bit theatrical, but the other member here who said the food may not appeal to all is dead on. we did wonderland on harmony a few years ago and it was fun; wouldn't rush to go back except for maybe fun drinks at happy hour 😄