Coco cay is incredible!

very interesting discussion.

cococay is fantastic, it is a product differentiator imo. I have been there 4 times, and it was amazing every time. Coco Beach club earlier this month was great, but I could prolly forego it for the $150pp I think we paid for it. The surf/turf was out of sight, even tho eating something that heavy and good in that environment was a little odd.

as others have said, there is something for everyone. I guess we have checked out most of the included stuff except the balloon which never seems to be going due to wind. The water park is great, chill beach, south beach etc etc. 

I think I had 47 coco locos a few weeks ago, and im not a sweet drink type person.

Its also interesting hearing everyones opinion on which day they like to go. We like it last day much more than first. I think because it is a highlight of our trip and we like it to be last 🤷‍♂️. YMMV sounds like!

35 minutes ago, brdjnr said:

very interesting discussion.

cococay is fantastic, it is a product differentiator imo. I have been there 4 times, and it was amazing every time. Coco Beach club earlier this month was great, but I could prolly forego it for the $150pp I think we paid for it. The surf/turf was out of sight, even tho eating something that heavy and good in that environment was a little odd.

as others have said, there is something for everyone. I guess we have checked out most of the included stuff except the balloon which never seems to be going due to wind. The water park is great, chill beach, south beach etc etc. 

I think I had 47 coco locos a few weeks ago, and im not a sweet drink type person.

Its also interesting hearing everyones opinion on which day they like to go. We like it last day much more than first. I think because it is a highlight of our trip and we like it to be last 🤷‍♂️. YMMV sounds like!

Yeah ya know I meant to ask because my son really wanted to go up in the balloon but it wasn't running. It didn't seem windy at all though, I mean like nothing. Are they just not using that much anymore? 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah ya know I meant to ask because my son really wanted to go up in the balloon but it wasn't running. It didn't seem windy at all though, I mean like nothing. Are they just not using that much anymore? 

I have tried to do the balloon several times and it was cancelled because of the wind. The one time I didn't buy the balloon, it was up and running.🤣😰

12 hours ago, Emarie said:

I will be sailing June 2023 on Harmony of the seas. I am considering getting a Chill Island cabana. How much was the cabana during your cruise?

For us, it was about 1,500. We were on Oasis, so the prices could definitely be different. we got the cabanas in may, when the cruise was in august. so it was pretty late.

22 hours ago, Emarie said:

I will be sailing June 2023 on Harmony of the seas. I am considering getting a Chill Island cabana. How much was the cabana during your cruise?

I have a sailing scheduled for September on Radiance.  As far as I can tell, we will be the only ship at Coco Cay.  So not many people in port.

The Chill Island cabanas are currently listed at $699.

1 hour ago, steverk said:

I have a sailing scheduled for September on Radiance.  As far as I can tell, we will be the only ship at Coco Cay.  So not many people in port.

The Chill Island cabanas are currently listed at $699.

That's even better than Indy being the only ship, although anytime you're the only ship there, you'll find tons of empty space.

To answer the question...

Indy 10/24/22 (only ship on Cococay) - $699

Wonder 6/4/23 (only ship) - $1299

Did I mention above how wildly the prices can vary?

Wow! I have not been there since the start of my cruising days, basically when it was beach chairs, umbrellas, hot dogs and hamburgers. I kept seeing all these cruises with it as the highlight and never understood why. Sounds like a major difference these days! I am going back for the first time in about a month and a half.  I will be solo and not doing any of the private clubs or cabanas. Still sounds like it may be nice. I will be happy with a shaded seat, maybe some music, a Diet Coke (or a coco loco) and these chicken & mozz sandwich and funnel cakes everyone is raving about! 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

We have been trying to get to Coco cay since before this miserable pandemic and we are finally here on Oasis. This could not be better and cooler. I watched, we watched a million videos of this island and none of really prepared us for how freaking awesome it truly it. Kids are having a blast and there is no better value on vacations at all. We will be back here on Oasis or anthem and probably both. This splash away bay is just amazing. The dump buckets are just so much fun. This vacation was worth every penny even with a 7 month old which can be a bit challenging at times. 9 year old is having the time of his life. Just loving this! Loving this!

Great to hear. We're sailing on the 23rd Oct from Miami and are at Cococay on Day 2. Got two daughters (9 and 13) and I'm assuming they'll love it, just like we will!

Never been before, so just wondering if people had any advice or tips for our day? Best bars, places to eat, etc.

1 hour ago, RichCruise7 said:

Great to hear. We're sailing on the 23rd Oct from Miami and are at Cococay on Day 2. Got two daughters (9 and 13) and I'm assuming they'll love it, just like we will!

Never been before, so just wondering if people had any advice or tips for our day? Best bars, places to eat, etc.

It was just the absolute best time we ever had on a cruise by far. It was just so much fun. The island is beautiful with so much to do. I cannot honestly believe how much we enjoyed it. 

1 hour ago, RichCruise7 said:

places to eat

Included options (I don't pay for food when I love what's already included)

There are 3 snack shacks - really good chicken sandwiches, mozzarella sticks, and amazing funnel cakes.

Chill Grill/Skippers Grill - taco bar with freshly made tortillas (they also have burgers, dogs, salads, other sandwiches, etc. but I go for the tacos). Also, a good dessert hack... take 2 chocolate chip cookies to the soft serve ice cream machine and make an ince cream sandwich... then eat it quickly before it melts, lol.

Others can chime in about the pay options.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Included options (I don't pay for food when I love what's already included)

There are 3 snack shacks - really good chicken sandwiches, mozzarella sticks, and amazing funnel cakes.

Chill Grill/Skippers Grill - taco bar with freshly made tortillas (they also have burgers, dogs, salads, other sandwiches, etc. but I go for the tacos). Also, a good dessert hack... take 2 chocolate chip cookies to the soft serve ice cream machine and make an ince cream sandwich... then eat it quickly before it melts, lol.

Others can chime in about the pay options.

Sounds great, especially the ice cream sandwich hack!!!

Drinks wise, is it pretty much the same as on the boat? Hoping they've got Red Stripe.....

4 hours ago, RichCruise7 said:

Sounds great, especially the ice cream sandwich hack!!!

Drinks wise, is it pretty much the same as on the boat? Hoping they've got Red Stripe.....

Yes, it's pretty similar to the bars on the ship. The main pool bar is large, other bars like the one by Chill Beach are smaller.

They do have a signature frozen drink though, the Coco Loco.

9 hours ago, RichCruise7 said:

Sounds great, can't wait to go!!

The minute we stepped foot on Coco cay there was this awesome vibe, no wait actually before that when we docked. We watched us dock from the running/walking track and it was just this really cool vibe. I cannot tell you why or how but it was there. It was a vibe like "this is gonna be a great day" and it was. When you walk down the long dock and see the sign "perfect day at Coco cay" it's just awesome and welcoming of that makes sense. It was truly some of the most fun we have ever had. We had a 6 month old with us too which could be challenging but nope, he was great, he has fun, he was in the HUGE spray park with us. Great, great time. I hope I didn't over sell it, I'm just relaying our experience. We want to go back on Anthem in the dead of winter. Sail from the cold of NJ to Coco cay. We got burnt in August kinda bad. 🤣