AT&T Cruise package

I think we used something like this a couple years ago. It was an international package that was a low dollar amount (I think $10?) per day as long as you used your phone on land. So, on the ship, we didn't have anything but at every port, I'd turn my phone on, check in with the pet sitter, read emails, check voicemails and shoot off a few texts. Only got charged for the days I made calls and returned texts, no charges for receiving them.

20 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I think we used something like this a couple years ago. It was an international package that was a low dollar amount (I think $10?) per day as long as you used your phone on land. So, on the ship, we didn't have anything but at every port, I'd turn my phone on, check in with the pet sitter, read emails, check voicemails and shoot off a few texts. Only got charged for the days I made calls and returned texts, no charges for receiving them.

This is a new program, different than the international program. This is specifically for onboard the ship

You really need to read the fine print on these cruise packages.  If you get one without data, you have to turn off mobile data on your phone or you'll get one heck of a surprise bill.  Even if you get the one with data, 200MB can go quick.

Also the unlimited texting is only outgoing. You'll get charged for any incoming texts.

If you need to be connected all the time, I'd pay more and get Voom.

This program seems to apply to many different cruise companies. While Royal Caribbean currently has a good value match for internet speeds, and this hopefully will improve exponentially through the test pilot with Elon Musk's Starlink, there are other cruise lines where it could save you money. I try to personally disconnect as much as possible while on vacation choosing to turn my cell phone to airplane mode and then re-enabling WIFI so I can use their great RC application onboard without hidden fees from my cellphone provider. Try to purchase a VOOM bundled with another service that you might want or on sale before the cruise begins. Also check to see if your loyalty status gets you free VOOM onboard.