DBP wrong booked and charged by RCL

Carotthat

Somebody wanna laugh?

I called during the last "sale" on 7/30 for adding a DBP for me and a RefrPac for my GF (her not drinking alc).

Royal employee on phone said no problem, he charges me to CC and books it. For GF he was 🤨 not able to.

-> Cruise confirmation shows a 408USD charge under strange abbrevation at cruise price (would have been online a 434$ price)

I wonder in the next weeks why the DBP does not show up in the cruise planner. Called and emailed them since.

Today the call me to tell, the agent did it wrong, applied it on top of the cruise price! The reduce the cruise price again, and can only apply the 408$ to the amount paid 🤨

-> I want them to book a DBP and refrP to the sale price two weeks ago, because it was their mistake -> declined.

Can only book to actual price (511$), refrPc also only to regular price from today.

Compensation: they offer 100$ OBC.

This is absolutely ridicolous. They make the mistake, don't refund me the money wrongly charged and make me pay the higher price!!!

I am truly disappointed.

• Carotthat changed the title to DBP wrong booked and charged by RCL

Don't worry - the price will drop again.  When it does, you can very easily cancel your purchase and re-purchase at the lower price. Of course, you will need to go through a RC sales rep again.  Hopefully, you get one that knows what they're doing. 😆

And how much is it under today’s sale?  Probably $408 again so rebook it today.  Not sure, except for yet another example of RC issues, why this won’t work?  Did they refund the $408 or are they going to apply it to your purchase?

No. The cruise price has been stable since then. They applied the 408$ as additional payment.

DBP now 516%, was 408$ -> OBC 100$, Difference 8$ - but in OBC! Not in money on my CC!

AND: remember my GF with the refrePack? The agent who was doing this wrong stuff said he cannot book her the package because of aukebflkwbrfejabrlar.

Today, I had to buy it for her with the original price -> additional loss of about 50$.

I simply cannot accept how they wind like an eel not to adept they've been wrong and adjust it correctly.

Sorry for the annoyance. It’s incredible the way RC’s reps and IT manage to muck things up sometimes. Clearly this was an error on their end because how else would they explain the extra charge on the account? It’s not like they have to rely solely on your word about you being promised something.

But I’ve learned with Royal you kind of have to shrug these things off as long as you get some sort of reasonable comp like the OBC. It’s just the nature of the beast. If there were another company with the same product that didn’t have these issues then maybe they couldn’t get away with things like this because people would jump ship. But I’m not sure there really is, at least at a similar price point.