Curacao

dustfsu

Going to Curacao in 32 days on the Allure.  They offer 4 or so different excursion tours through RCCL.  Can any suggest what one they think is worth taking.

One is called Fascinating Tour

One is the Panoramic Tour

Another one is Called Discover Curacao

And the last one is called Beauties of Curacao.

If you taking one of these and enjoyed it please let me know and why.

Thank you

curacao is so beautiful. we were just there in July on Mariner. We didn't do a ship led tout but walked off the boat and hired a driver for the day at the taxi stand (Eddie) and he took us around for the day. We swam with sea turtles, went to amazing beaches, and learned about the island. Unfortunately we did not leave time to walk around the downtown (think amsterdam) and must go back! 

We did the same as Loki - we weren't sure pre-boarding if we were going to want to do something and then events in the morning got us off to a rough start - but we got out and walked around, grabbed one of the taxis toward the end of the pier area. It was great! I don't recall the name of our driver but she was very knowledgeable and loved showing us local areas. I think she was just as excited to show her country off as we were to see it. I especially liked that she ran into friends at one point - there was something really real about her personal life bleeding into the tour.

I would recommend a local driver if you're interested. Not that I have anything against the Royal tours but it was nice to have the personalized service for about the same price.

11 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

In curaçao we didn’t do a tour.  Walking around for hours was so cool and we loved the architecture and atmosphere.  Jane

When we went back in '17, we were there for 16 hours.  So we did a distillery/beach excursion in the morning, then spent the afternoon walking the town.

The afternoon was the highlight of the day.  The walk from the pier to the town is fantastic, going through the old fort and walking across the pontoon bridge.  We found some nice hidden places by walking down various alley ways and just exploring.  We found one open courtyard with a couple of food places and a bar when we decided to wander down an alley.  In the evening, we went up to the Crown Lounge and looked over the pastel painted buildings all lit up.  It was really picturesque.

We were suppose to go back on Explorer in late June, but a tropical storm got in the way and we went elsewhere.  It was disappointing because we really wanted to go back.  So we booked our next cruise (17 long months out) to go back there.  Overall, one of our favorite stops that we've experienced.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:58 PM, dustfsu said:

Another one is Called Discover Curacao

And the last one is called Beauties of Curacao.

If you taking one of these and enjoyed it please let me know and why.

Thank you

We took Discover Curacao, it was OK, but the museum we visited didn't hold my interest.  That could have been skipped to allow more time to stop somewhere else.  If I did it over again, I'd book a beach excursion instead.  However, we did see a lot of the island, and the guide was very knowledgeable.  We were dropped off near the floating bridge and walked across to grab lunch.  Had a great time there eating Venezuelan food.  I didn't realize Spanish would be useful in Curacao.  My wife tells me that if the US falls apart, that's where we'll emigrate!  By the way, on the walk back to the ship the bridge opened while we were on it, and there was a 10-15 minute delay until we were allowed off a "secret" exit.

Thanks for all the feedback.  We were talking about getting off and just looking for a taxi to drive us around.  We don't want any beach area, just see the island and learn the history would be nice.  Maybe stop somewhere and have a drink and some food.

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

This topic was very helpful.  We will be there in September and plan to do the walk around town ourselves.  Looking forward to this!  Any suggestions on a place to stop for a drink and small bites?

About 10-15 minute walk from the ship, en-route to the Queen Emma Bridge, there is a courtyard with a few restaurants and shops. Since we were in Curacao until 10 pm, we went back for an evening stroll and had cocktails outside in the courtyard. I don't recall the name of restaurant, but it served pizzas. Less crowded at night than during the day.