LAX Highlights and Transfer

Ampurp85

Hey folks,

I was wondering has anyone done the LAX highlights and airport transfer offered by Royal. As is the state of things, my flight has changed. It would be either trying very hard to make a 9:50am flight or leaving out on the 4:51pm. I was thinking about doing this excursion to kill the time and was wondering if anyone has done it and thinks it is worth it.

Let me start by saying I have not been on the tour.  I have lived in central California all my life and have been to most of the places listed.  I would say if you have not been to any of these places it is worth the time to do it and it helps it is not too expensive.  So, you do not have false expectations I do not think you will go away wowed.  I think you are going to go away from this excursion with that was it?  The perfect example is the Mann's Chinese Theatre with the Stars in the cement.  Unless it has changed in the last few years you are going to see lots of people dressed up in really bad costumes and many of them very dirty.  The handprints and stars are net to see but I expected to see a lot more.  The drive through Hollywood and the Sunset Strip you are going to realize it is not the place that made it famous but the people that have been there.  Now with all of this said it is something you want to do once so you can say "I have been there".

It is not an amazing tour, but I felt like it was priced nicely to kill the day, see some things I maybe would not have gotten to, and get to the airport. Hollywood is dirty and we spent quite a bit of time there, but the other stops were nice and didn't feel overly touristy.