Alcohol drink gifts

11 hours ago, Venise Monto said:

I found gifts of alcohol on the RC website, has anyone ever ordered them for your stateroom. I am not a big drinker so the drink package seemed to be a bit pricey.  First time on a cruise, 69 days and counting. Any information is appreciated.

Or you can bring 2 bottles of 750ml Wine or champagne with you.

I understand wine is a form of alcohol, but it is not "alcohol." So, suggesting the 2 bottles of wine you can bring isn't similar to the Alcohol gift as not everyone likes wine.

To answer OP question, if you barely drink, getting that alcohol gift from Royal might be a good idea. Most drinks are 1.5 ounces of alcohol and then whatever mixers. Like another poster stated, that could be 6-10 drinks. Which at $50 is still cheaper than just getting 3 drinks: an average mixed drink will be $15 with gratuity, so if you buy a la carte, you would only be able to get 3. OP could by 3 alcoholic gifts, and it would come in under the cost of probably 2-days' worth a drink package. The only issue would be the lack of mixers and variety.

In looking at the Gifts section, you get a 375ML bottle with each package.  That's about 12 oz per bottle. (375ML = 12.68 oz).  From what I can see online is you get the bottle and 4 cans of soda/tonic.  Gin/tonic ($49), Rum/Coke ($46), Vodka/Sprite ($44).  

Lack of selection and mixers are bad.  No options for Whiskey, Bourbon or Scotch, no diet soda, no other mixers. 

image.png.4ef93be6ca8acae28420c7d593ae1269.png

1 hour ago, bjones said:

I don't see this as an option on my sailing. Can you only find it on some ships?

I went to my "Plan your Cruise" page, then scrolled down to the bottom of the page.  In the lower left corner was a Shop Royal Gifts link.  Funny thing, I use Microsoft Edge browser and it does not work - I get a 400 "Bad Request" error.  I have to pull up Google Chrome browser and go from there to see the added "gifts".

They have room decorations, chocolate strawberries, Champagne, wine, RCCL branded stuff and more.

19 minutes ago, FSUFAN said:

I went to my "Plan your Cruise" page, then scrolled down to the bottom of the page.  In the lower left corner was a Shop Royal Gifts link. 

I was able to access it by clicking on my profile in the upper right-hand corner and found a page for Royal Gifts that has much more than the cruise planner.  Thnx for the heads up - I wouldn't have known to look around for it.

31 minutes ago, FSUFAN said:

I went to my "Plan your Cruise" page, then scrolled down to the bottom of the page.  In the lower left corner was a Shop Royal Gifts link.  Funny thing, I use Microsoft Edge browser and it does not work - I get a 400 "Bad Request" error.  I have to pull up Google Chrome browser and go from there to see the added "gifts".

They have room decorations, chocolate strawberries, Champagne, wine, RCCL branded stuff and more.

Haha I have the exact opposite problem, doesn't work with Chrome so I have to use Edge.

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, RCLblue10 said:

I am on Harmony OTS in Jan. 2023 and have no such offer in my cruise planner - so it must be for specific ships

Not specific ship but more so not available at first glance, you have to search for it on planner. When you click your initials in the right corner a drop box appears. You can click on Royal Gifts, but it looks like the link is broken. Seems like the best bet is to call.

On 8/16/2022 at 4:07 PM, berkeleykel said:

Haha I have the exact opposite problem, doesn't work with Chrome so I have to use Edge.

I think it's a cookie issue.  I normally use Chrome but got the 400 error, logged in with Edge and was fine.  Then I deleted my cache and cookies in Chrome, re-logged in and it presented fine there.  YMMV

I couldn’t initially get in with Safari. Switched to Duck Duck Go and it worked. Has this always been available? I’ve checked that Royal gifts link before and never found the alcohol packages 

Also has anyone been able to switch the mixers? Hubby is a vodka tonic drinker and sprite is offered. I guess you could switch them out at any bar. 

• 9 months later...