B2B questions

Va4fam

We are booked on a 7 night Navigator cruise to Mexico next year in a Junior Suite.  We have sailed on Navigator before the amplification and looking forward to the new changes.   It's a long (and expensive) flight from the East Coast.

Thinking about adding a 4 night cruise to Ensenada and Catalina to the end of the original booking and had a few questions.

1-Do we get off with all of our luggage at the end of the 7 nighter and reboard later that morning to start the 4 night cruise?  How early can we board?

2-The 2nd cruise will be in a different cabin, how will we move our luggage to the new cabin and get new sea pass cards?

3-COVID Testing.  With the current rules, we must test before the 7 night cruise, but not the 4 night cruise, is this correct?

4-We used a travel agent for the 7 nighter but might book the 4 nighter on our own or use a different agent.  What issues might come up with not using the same TA for both cruises?

5-Has anyone done the 4 night cruise to Ensenada and Catalina Island and have recommendations of things to do and see?

Thanks for your thoughts and assistance.  

32 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

1-Do we get off with all of our luggage at the end of the 7 nighter and reboard later that morning to start the 4 night cruise?  How early can we board?

2-The 2nd cruise will be in a different cabin, how will we move our luggage to the new cabin and get new sea pass cards?

You may or may not have to get off, depending on what CBP requires on that given day. If you do, you will reboard immediately. Often there is a lunch for B2B cruisers -- they will mention it on your B2B flier if so.

You pack your loose items in your suitcases, and then your cabin steward will move your bags and your hanging items to your new cabin for you. Basically, just keep your valuables with you, just like boarding (passport, wallet, etc).

Enjoy that night of seeing suitcases outside in the hall and knowing you get to stay onboard!!

2 hours ago, KristiZ said:

You may or may not have to get off, depending on what CBP requires on that given day. If you do, you will reboard immediately. Often there is a lunch for B2B cruisers -- they will mention it on your B2B flier if so.

You pack your loose items in your suitcases, and then your cabin steward will move your bags and your hanging items to your new cabin for you. Basically, just keep your valuables with you, just like boarding (passport, wallet, etc).

Enjoy that night of seeing suitcases outside in the hall and knowing you get to stay onboard!!

Our bags will remain on the ship even if we get off and go through customs?

If we don't have luggage, it might be a great way to sightsee in L.A. or the beaches.   Would we be allowed to reboard later in the day?

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

What about the ports made them so bad?

Catalina Island just doesn't offer much. Pretty little town in Avalon, but just not much. You have to tender and that can take forever to offload on your way back.

Ensenada is probably the ugliest port I've been to. No blue water, very industrial port feel, not the cleanest town.

I wouldn't hesitate to take that itinerary again because Navigator is a great ship. Just I wouldn't feel the need to get off at either stop again.

I have not been to Catalina but it is a large tourist area for a reason.  I have been to Ensenada many times and I like the town.  I see lots of people hate them but every port is what you make out of it.  Below is what I have experienced.

Thinking about adding a 4 night cruise to Ensenada and Catalina.  In November I am booking a B2B2B because of the price and ease of cruising in my own state.

** You will leave your luggage on the ship.  If you keep the same cabin you will leave the luggage unpacked.

**  If you are moving cabins your cabin steward will move the luggage for you.  You will get a new sea pass card when they exit you and bring you back on.  The ship takes everyone doing a B2B off and brings you back on at the same time.  You will be the first back on the ship.

3-COVID Testing.  With the current rules, we must test before the 7 night cruise, but not the 4 night cruise, is this correct?

** The current rules have you test before your first cruise and not on the second half of the B2B

4-We used a travel agent for the 7 nighter but might book the 4 nighter on our own or use a different agent.  What issues might come up with not using the same TA for both cruises?

**  I had different travel agents and different cruise line (RCL and Celebrity) and I did not see any issues.  You just have to deal with multiple people.

5-Has anyone done the 4 night cruise to Ensenada and Catalina Island and have recommendations of things to do and see?

** This is what I have booked:  

Catalina:  Undersea Semi-Sub Expedition

Ensenada:  Taste of Mexico & Margarita Madness (1st cruise) ATV Adventure and Wine Country Tasting (2ed cruise)

Note:  I used to like the La Bufadora 15 years ago but it has turned into a major tourist trap.

If you want to get off the ship on the turnaround day, when they give you the new SeaPass cards and have you reboard, ask them about an In Transit card. Then you can debark with your new SeaPass and use the in transit card to skip the line when you return to the port. Remember you are still subject to be onboard 90 minutes before sailaway.

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you want to get off the ship on the turnaround day, when they give you the new SeaPass cards and have you reboard, ask them about an In Transit card. Then you can debark with your new SeaPass and use the in transit card to skip the line when you return to the port. Remember you are still subject to be onboard 90 minutes before sailaway.

That's a great tip.   Will we still have to do the emuster drill and all the safety videos on the app for the 2nd cruise?

• Thank you everyone for your information.   I may have additional questions between now and February.
  • We went ahead and booked the 4 night cruise and will be doing our first B2B cruise!
  • The completion of this cruise will put us One cruise away from D+.  That cruise is booked for April 2023 on Odyssey.