Guess what date Testing will be dropped...

djandyb

21 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Protocols are currently out through the end of September I believe.  So my guess is the change, if there is to be one, will occur with the release of October protocols.  And yes, my magic 8 ball agrees!

It's looking that way; gone very quiet from RC on this front.

Unbelievably frustrating and pointless given where the rest of the industry is.  Will put off booking tests until the very last minute but it's an extra hassle/stress that I could really do without before flying to the US!

11 hours ago, deep1 said:

The emeds have issues as well. No drops , expired tests, nobody answering when trying to do a test.

I disagree with this experience with the emed tests. Never had any of these issues and I would tell anyone this is not any kind of a common or expected occurrence. 

6 hours ago, Ray said:

I dont think anyone has actually said it would!!

What has been said is that its getting more difficult to find places to get tests done right across the world. 

RC or any other company could look at this problem and form a short term partnership with test supplier, have a pop up location at ports where testing could be done. 

The poster I was replying to implies Royal needs to do something because it is getting "harder" to test. I pointed out that finding testing sites isn't their problem. They have already partnered with Optum to sell the home test. Internet is mostly everywhere, so finding testing sites us a moot point. That isn't Royal's concern.

45 minutes ago, Matt said:

I disagree with this experience with the emed tests. Never had any of these issues and I would tell anyone this is not any kind of a common or expected occurrence. 

Yes, ours worked fine in June even though we had a dropped call.  Another representative took over and there weren't any problems.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

They have already partnered with Optum to sell the home test. Internet is mostly everywhere, so finding testing sites us a moot point. That isn't Royal's concern.

Are these tests available in EU or UK? 

Starting with September 5th, for U.S. cruises that don’t visit Canada or Bermuda:

• Vaccinated guests won’t have to take a pre-cruise test on cruises that are shorter than 10 nights.
  • Unvaccinated guests age 5 and up will need to test within 3 days before boarding, regardless of cruise length.
  • Royal Caribbean will begin accepting results from self-administered home tests. 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The poster I was replying to implies Royal needs to do something because it is getting "harder" to test. I pointed out that finding testing sites isn't their problem. They have already partnered with Optum to sell the home test. Internet is mostly everywhere, so finding testing sites us a moot point. That isn't Royal's concern.

Finding testing sites is really a moot point now.

Testing protocols will be easier

Starting with September 5th, for U.S. cruises that don’t visit Canada or Bermuda: 

• Vaccinated guests won’t have to take a pre-cruise test on cruises that are shorter than 10 nights.
  • Unvaccinated guests age 5 and up will need to test within 3 days before boarding, regardless of cruise length.
  • We will begin accepting results from self-administered home tests. See full testing details
  • What types of tests are accepted and where do I submit the results? Can I use a home test kit?

Accepted Tests for U.S. Cruises Departing on or After September 5, 2022; with No Stops in Canada or Bermuda

• The test you take can be professionally administered by a health professional, such as a doctor or pharmacist, or you can use a home test kit. Home test kits for these sailings are not required to be administered under live video supervision.
  • You will present the negative test result at the time of boarding. You can show it in the form of a printout, an email, or an app screen from the test provider. Or you can show a picture of your negative home test on your phone, or present the actual negative test itself.
  •   If you get a positive test result on your pre-cruise test, please call us at 1-800-256-6649 so we can rework your cruise plans.  

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

They will be allowing self administered home test for the unvaccinated.   Way too easy to cheat on that one!

I'm not sure how declining a shot would make someone more apt to "cheat", but if it calms your fears any I haven't received that shot but would not cheat (or lie) to get on a cruise ship. And I'm sure I am not unique - there are many others like me with the same values. 

25 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Well technically the testing will be dropped on Sept 5th like all the other lines, but it was announced today. Anyone who had in Sept is a winner, winner and gets a chicken dinner......or the chicken sandwich from PDCC when they sail.

I guessed September 5th or 6th but I was wrong that it would be announced last Thursday.  Looking forward to my chicken sandwich from PDCC (Allure 9/11 sailing) now that we don’t have to test!

8 hours ago, Matt said:

First set I got was past the extended expiration dates. They made good on that. One of the replacements had no drops. We had difficulty connecting on one round. Losing Wifi connection for few seconds (not their fault or ours) voided a test. No, not the norm but did and does happen. 

• 2 months later...