Does Carnival still (as of Sep 6th) required proctored testing for unvaxxed?

Bowen

I'm just sort of browsing around and reading through the latest testing requirements for each line. Carnival is pretty confusing because of how they have sub sections. They have a broad update at the top but then other information below, however none of it has been updated since the broad update at the top. It doesn't say that unvaxxed have to take proctored tests (at the top), so does that mean you can test and just show the actual test or a picture of it as proof? I'm hoping to see something like this happen on RCL, moving to the honor system. Maybe a baby step before just getting back to the health declaration.

23 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

No, no one is going to the honor system, at least not for US embarkations. 
On the Carnival website for testing and vaccination it states self testing MUST be proctored. 

Where does it say that regarding cruises after the 6th? I looked all around and couldn’t find it.

Carnival is pleased to announce new guidelines effective for cruises departing on September 6, 2022 or later, which will make it easier for more guests to sail with simplified vaccination and testing guidelines, including no testing for vaccinated guests on sailings less than 16 nights, and eliminating the exemption request process for unvaccinated guests, who will only need to show a negative test result at embarkation.The new guidelines include: • Vaccinated guests must continue to provide evidence of their vaccination status prior to embarkation. Pre-cruise testing is no longer required, except for cruises to Canada, Bermuda, Greece and Australia (per local guidelines), and on voyages 16 nights or longer.• Unvaccinated guests are welcome to sail and are no longer required to apply for a vaccine exemption, except for cruises in Australia or on voyages 16 nights and longer.• Unvaccinated guests or those who do not provide proof of vaccination must present the results of a negative PCR or antigen test taken within three days of embarkation.• Guests under the age of five years are exempt from vaccination and testing requirements from the United States and under the age of 12 from Australia.• All policies are subject to local destination regulations.• Voyages 16 nights and longer will continue to have vaccination and testing requirements that are specific to the itinerary.For guests who have a pending vaccine exemption application and are awaiting confirmation for cruises departing September 6, 2022 or later, the booking is confirmed unless booked on a sailing that calls on Canada, Bermuda, Australia or if the voyage is 16 nights or longer.

1 hour ago, Shari said:

Carnival is pleased to announce new guidelines effective for cruises departing on September 6, 2022 or later, which will make it easier for more guests to sail with simplified vaccination and testing guidelines, including no testing for vaccinated guests on sailings less than 16 nights, and eliminating the exemption request process for unvaccinated guests, who will only need to show a negative test result at embarkation.The new guidelines include: • Vaccinated guests must continue to provide evidence of their vaccination status prior to embarkation. Pre-cruise testing is no longer required, except for cruises to Canada, Bermuda, Greece and Australia (per local guidelines), and on voyages 16 nights or longer.• Unvaccinated guests are welcome to sail and are no longer required to apply for a vaccine exemption, except for cruises in Australia or on voyages 16 nights and longer.• Unvaccinated guests or those who do not provide proof of vaccination must present the results of a negative PCR or antigen test taken within three days of embarkation.• Guests under the age of five years are exempt from vaccination and testing requirements from the United States and under the age of 12 from Australia.• All policies are subject to local destination regulations.• Voyages 16 nights and longer will continue to have vaccination and testing requirements that are specific to the itinerary.For guests who have a pending vaccine exemption application and are awaiting confirmation for cruises departing September 6, 2022 or later, the booking is confirmed unless booked on a sailing that calls on Canada, Bermuda, Australia or if the voyage is 16 nights or longer.

Yes, that's what I'm seeing as well, but nothing about the test being proctored. I think they'll probably clarify this soon for post 9/6 sailings.

53 minutes ago, Bowen said:

Yes, that's what I'm seeing as well, but nothing about the test being proctored. I think they'll probably clarify this soon for post 9/6 sailings.

If the tests aren’t proctored, then there is no reason whatsoever to have testing, at that point it is worthless.