Serenade repo Tampa-Boston great price?

Yesterday, I stumbled upon a repositioning sailing for Serenade on September 12, 2023 (12 night sailing). It has been almost 20 years since I have done a 12 night but this seems like a great itinerary and great pricing.

Someone talk me out of this and tell me that it's not because I am on the verge of doing something that I probably shouldn't lol.....

Itinerary: Tampa-Georgetown-Aruba-Curacao-Bonaire-PDCC-Boston

Cost starting at (double occ): $728 (inside); $798 (outside); $948 (balcony); $1328 (suite)

29 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yesterday, I stumbled upon a repositioning sailing for Serenade on September 12, 2023 (12 night sailing). It has been almost 20 years since I have done a 12 night but this seems like a great itinerary and great pricing.

Someone talk me out of this and tell me that it's not because I am on the verge of doing something that I probably shouldn't lol.....

Cost starting at (double occ): $728 (inside); $798 (outside); $948 (balcony); $1328 (suite)

Is it because "everyone" is on Jewel to Greenland at pretty much the same time?

😉

Curt from Canada

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

North Sea…easy pass for me lol. Once this summer was enough 

There are people who are "born to the sea" and others that are "born to the suites".

😉

Book Serenade and get the kids to promise they ill be on their best behaviour.  I am certain they would keep their word.

😉

Curt from Canada

Since you are out of school those first two weeks of September right after schools are back have traditionally been bargain weeks.  No surprise really that a 12 night repo cruise early September is a bargain rate.  Peak of hurricane season, longer than most working folks can take off work, school is back in eliminating families from the mix, the summer cruise season is over.  Perfect storm of low pricing factors. 

Book and keep watching for price drops, at least for non-suites.  🙂 

This has to be after Serenade is revamped for the world cruise starting December 2023.  She would be in ideal condition.  Correction,  It looks like this will be right before she gets revamped.  They have changed the itineraries on her in the last week.  

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Someone talk me out of this

lol

....and now I have to convince my wife this is a good one us to book event though we're headed to Italy in October 2023 for a 7-night....I wonder if she'll buy into the fact that it ends in Boston, and that's only a couple hours from home??

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That is exactly what Hubby said last night! 🤣

Other than work getting in the way, but only other conflict would be that Icon is set to start sailing in the fall so I'd want to conserve my time for that. BUT, since that doesn't seem to be an issue for you....

1 hour ago, teddy said:

lol

....and now I have to convince my wife this is a good one us to book event though we're headed to Italy in October 2023 for a 7-night....I wonder if she'll buy into the fact that it ends in Boston, and that's only a couple hours from home??

I ran it by the wife and she said “nope!”  
she’s from Boston and is concerned that once word got out, it would be expected that she makes calls to the family in the area before we head back to Florida. 

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Is it too early to start the live blog? 🤔 

I haven't even put down a deposit yet lol

3 hours ago, Shari said:

This has to be after Serenade is revamped for the world cruise starting December 2023.  She would be in ideal condition.  Correction,  It looks like this will be right before she gets revamped.  They have changed the itineraries on her in the last week.  

When does Serenade get revamped?

2 hours ago, teddy said:

and now I have to convince my wife this is a good one us to book event though we're headed to Italy in October 2023 for a 7-night....I wonder if she'll buy into the fact that it ends in Boston, and that's only a couple hours from home??

Yolo, do it! 

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Other than work getting in the way, 

It's actually leaving my teenage kids that poses the biggest conflict. Normally we leave them in the summer when school is not in session and they go to my parents for the week. With this being in September, they would need to be at home, better work space for them.

9 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I haven't even put down a deposit yet lol

When does Serenade get revamped?

Yolo, do it! 

It's actually leaving my teenage kids that poses the biggest conflict. Normally we leave them in the summer when school is not in session and they go to my parents for the week. With this being in September, they would need to be at home, better work space for them.

However the ice on the pool isnt thick enough to skate on yet so it is the perfect time to get away.  

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I've seen that word before. For a relative newbie, could you tell me what it means AND do repositioning cruises automatically mean "discount" or no?  

As far as talking you out of it, whom am I to argue with Ol' Mark? He's down there in your signature giving you a shout out 🤪

19 minutes ago, My3rdAct said:

I've seen that word before. For a relative newbie, could you tell me what it means AND do repositioning cruises automatically mean "discount" or no?  Thanks

It's generally a sailing that "repositions" a ship. It starts and ends at different ports. So in this case, Serenade is leaving her home port in Tampa, and heading to Boston for a short Canada/NE season.

Generally, repo sailings are cheaper for the reasons that @twangsteralready mentioned. 

6 hours ago, dmattinson said:

I ran it by the wife and she said “nope!”  
she’s from Boston and is concerned that once word got out, it would be expected that she makes calls to the family in the area before we head back to Florida. 

I talked her into it. We booked the last 1BR owner’s suite. It was too good of a deal to pass on. We haven’t been on a Radiance class yet and the stops are all great. 

We’re torn. 

Over the past few months we’ve been talking about alternatives in case the flights to Italy for our October ‘23 cruise are crazy expensive.  This would be a great alternative (my wife doesn’t have the pto to do both).

There are currently a decent selection of cabins available, but if we wait until flights are available to look at in October ‘23, the cabin type we want might not be available anymore. 

I guess all in all, this isn’t a bad dilemma to be in. Regardless, we’ll be on a cruise. 

26 minutes ago, teddy said:

There are currently a decent selection of cabins available, but if we wait until flights are available to look at in October ‘23, the cabin type we want might not be available anymore. 

I think this one came up as being cheap and having availability because there was a planned cruise for Northern Europe leaving on Sept 10, 2023 that was cancelled and the ship was rescheduled on this itinerary. 

This has definitely piqued my interest. Haven't been on a cruise greater than 7 nights yet, but going on a 14 night Adventure repositing in the fall. If I find that I can handle the that one, might book this one while on board. Wife doesn't particularly like the Radiance class, might have to sweeten that deal if suites are avaliable

1 hour ago, teddy said:

We’re torn. 

Over the past few months we’ve been talking about alternatives in case the flights to Italy for our October ‘23 cruise are crazy expensive.  This would be a great alternative (my wife doesn’t have the pto to do both).

I guess all in all, this isn’t a bad dilemma to be in. Regardless, we’ll be on a cruise. 

Can't you book it with a refundable deposit?

46 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Can't you book it with a refundable deposit?

We're contemplating it, just not sure if we want to drop the $900 deposit in addition to the deposit we currently have on the Italy cruise.

I'm knee deep in remodeling our house, and I came across a lot of structural water damage.   Even though I'm doing the work, the materials are getting pricey, and we cash flow everything, so the potential deposit money may be needed depending on what else I come across.

I guess it's first world problems. 🤷‍♂️