Falmouth Jamaica

MJC7018

The last time I was in Falmouth was in 2016 and we did a resort for a day. Someone please correct me if things have changed since then, but the immediate port area was just shopping and eateries. If you chose to venture outside the guarded gates...........there was shopping there ala flea market style.............but you're on your own there. Might want to see what your cruise planner has to offer.

4 hours ago, MJC7018 said:

Anyone have any recommendations or thoughts for an easy day in Falmouth? Even just stuff to do at the port. We are mostly just looking to get off the ship for a few hours and then head back on board to relax.. Thanks in advance!

I was there 3 years ago so I don't know if they still offer this tour, but we boarded a bus and went up into the countryside for a tour of a 17th century sugar plantation. They also fed us lunch while we were out. I found it to be very informative and enjoyable. 

On 8/14/2022 at 10:20 AM, ChessE4 said:

We enjoyed climbing  Dunn's River Falls. Tourist trap but fun!

Did this last year and it was an absolute blast. Highly recommended, just be firm with the vendors at the village. The guides themselves are amazing. They were honestly one of the highlights of my whole trip to Jamaica.

Does anyone know if Matt has a video uploaded showing a walk-around on Falmouth Jamaica? I watched his full tour of Labadee the other day on YouTube and it was so helpful to know where the beach locations are and see other suggestions he had when visiting. I like to have an idea of what to expect so that was a huge help.

I've tried to look online but all the videos from other Vloggers are several years old; any suggestions on good walk-around videos on Falmouth and also on George Town, Grand Cayman? We aren't planning on excursions for these two locations, mainly just looking for where to walk around/explore on our own as it's our first trip there. We'll be going in December.

11 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

There isn't much to walk around close in Falmouth outside of the port, so probably why not a lot of footage. They do have a Margaritaville in the complex so that may be something to do.

Ahh okay! I thought maybe some "free/inexpensive" beaches or something would be close by to walk to. Hmmm I may need to rethink the no excursion plan for Falmouth because I'd like to be able to get out and explore some. But, I can get down with Margaritaville haha. Thank you!

On 8/17/2022 at 7:39 AM, CruzOnBye said:

Ahh okay! I thought maybe some "free/inexpensive" beaches or something would be close by to walk to. Hmmm I may need to rethink the no excursion plan for Falmouth because I'd like to be able to get out and explore some. But, I can get down with Margaritaville haha. Thank you!

There's not much "beach" really close to the port area at all -- at least not walking distance.  If you are looking to venture out of the port complex, I've heard good things about Juici Patties if you want to try something local to eat. It's only a few blocks from the port.