Mykonos Beach?

Fred321

We have a 7am-7pm stop at Mykonos. We booked the "highlight of Mykonos" excursion which ends at 12:00. Looking at the Satellite View of the area, I see a couple of beaches not far from the port heading towards town. Does anyone know if they are public and something we could just walk to from the dock? I would like to do a little Swimming or snorkeling ( even if its mostly sand). If these spots are not accessible, any suggestion on something very close for just 1 or 2 afternoon hours

I walked to two beaches: Paralia Megali Ammos and Paralia Choras Mikonou. The first is definitely a nicer beach as Paralia Choras Mikonou is in the harbor near all the shopping, restaurants, etc. There weren't any services aside from a beach club (that I noticed anyway) at Paralia Megali Ammos, but it was a nice, easy walk from port and the beach was pretty!

There was a super quick (300 feet?) section of the road that was not on a sidewalk on the way to the beach FYI.

I wrote a live blog from my day in Mykonos: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/06/29/rhapsody-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-2-mykonos-greece

It was an amazing port day!! Have fun, I'm jealous! 🙂