xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Feb 4, 2023 - Feb 12, 2023 (8 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)

On 1/10/2023 at 8:10 PM, RyanM said:

Hey everyone!

My wife, 1 year old daughter and I will be coming down from Buffalo for this cruise. I’m a first timer and my wife hasn’t been on a cruise since she was a girl. We are very much looking forward to a break from the Buffalo winter. 

We are looking forward to meeting people and seeing all that Anthem of the Seas has to offer!

Took a day trip to Buffalo yesterday. Visited the Botanical Gardens, stopped at Rich Highmark Stadium (Go Bills) and made an unscheduled stop at Vidler's 5 and 10 in East Aurora. Sorry about the snow. Looks like Buffalo will win the season snowfall count again this year! To date we've barely reached 10 inches. I guess my plan to escape the bitter winter cold and snow is a failure. I'll have to try again next winter season! Nonetheless still looking forward to the cruise.

We changed our travel plans.

With temps in the -20s predicted for our area early Saturday morning, we decided we didn't want to catch the 315a bus to Boston to catch the 605a train to New Jersey.  We are now getting to Newark at 8p Friday night.  We had enough Marriott points to get a room at the Element, which has the ever important free breakfast.  

I see Bayonne has a high of 20 forecast for Saturday.  Should be plenty of chairs available around the outdoor pool.

9 hours ago, teddy said:

I told my wife I was going to bring my ice fishing gear so I can be up on the top deck for sail away. 

For some reason she isn’t as impressed with my idea as I hoped she’d be. 🤷‍♂️

Made the drive from Rochester and arrived on Staten Island earlier. Now just a few miles from Cape Liberty. No ice fishing gear with me but good luck with that! If it helps any - I'm impressed.

22 minutes ago, KevinK said:

Less than 24 hours to go..  Who packed their stuff and ready to board the ship...

I skipped out of work at 9.  My wife is done at 11. 

1230 bus to Boston then 320 train to Newark

1030-1100 check in time tomorrow morning 

I can’t wait for some warmth. 

1 hour ago, teddy said:

I'm bound and determined to be up top for sail away.  I've never seen the Statue of Liberty.  While I'm not actually bringing ice fishing gear, I will have outerwear sufficient for the temperatures.

You look tall...you might need to duck going under the bridge.

A steamy 6° here in Harrison, New Jersey, just northeast of Cape Liberty. 

I say steamy because it’s -27° up home…where power went out last night. Thankfully a coworker went to our house  to keep the wood stove going to keep the pipes from freezing. 

My wife belongs to a Facebook group for the cruise, and said most of the members are from the northeast US and Canada.  I think we’re all gonna love going south this week 

We had a 1030-1100 check in time.

Got to the port at 1030. Onboard by 1050. 

No one was inspecting check in times as it really wasn’t necessary. 

A much nicer experience than boarding in Boston back in October.  No one was yelling at people as they went through security 

The longest wait was actually in traffic leading up to the porters.  Security wasn’t bad at all

On 2/4/2023 at 11:02 AM, teddy said:

We had a 1030-1100 check in time.

Got to the port at 1030. Onboard by 1050. 

No one was inspecting check in times as it really wasn’t necessary. 

A much nicer experience than boarding in Boston back in October.  No one was yelling at people as they went through security 

The longest wait was actually in traffic leading up to the porters.  Security wasn’t bad at all

Yeah, they did not have anyone directing cars to a specific unload spot this time. So some folks got to the end of the porters and they just stopped in the traffic lane and unloaded luggage. Only slightly irritating. Got there at my assigned check in time of 10am and was on board by 10:40. So even with knuckleheads stopping in the middle of the street in front of the terminal, it was pretty fast for me. I am 3 for 3 in having a good boarding process at Bayonne. Hope the streak continues 😊.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Feb 4, 2023 - Feb 12, 2023 (8 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)