Anthem of the seas problems?

37 minutes ago, Cruise sheep said:

We are sailing on her 23 September. Got email today with a lot of itinerary time changes. A lot less time in port and more time to travel between ports. Does she have engine issues? 

We are on the same cruise but were informed of these changes on 30 June. It's odd you're only finding out now. I believe it's an ongoing issue since, from what I can gather, the identical sailing on 6 June also had these changes to the itinerary. My e-mail said it was because of routine engine maintenance.

6 hours ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

Same happened to us on anthem earlier this year.  I believed it was to travel slower and conserve fuel.  May be it was, May be not. 

I admit, that was at the back of my mind despite what the email said about engine maintenance. 

7 hours ago, Steve UK said:

We are departing southampton on 11 sep for the canaries 12 night cruise but haven’t had any updates/changes as yet. Would it be unusual to only make changes to certain itineries?

I think your itinerary is the same as the 6 June one and ours departing right after yours, so it seems a bit odd that there have been no changes to yours. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. 🤞

• 2 weeks later...

we have just had the email reducing times in port saying reduced speed due to engine maintenance. don't mind but lack of transparency. email makes it look like a one off but clearly has been happening for some time, one person below referred to 6 June. we received email 22/8/22 for a sailing on 5 October so why not tell everyone at the same time and be honest about why it is happening? did make me a bit concerned it might break down but happier if it is to save fuel!

1 hour ago, Alison Brooker said:

We are also sailing on 23 September but we only got the email today. 27th August. It states routine engine maintenance for slower speeds. Mainly annoyed at the little time we have in Maderia. It seems a little strange that some people were told about this in June for the same sailing

It's very odd.

I'm disappointed about the Madeira stop too as I have friends who live there and was planning on spending the day with them. 😕