Can a nurse administer their own self test and generate a report?

Bowen

My mom is a nurse and regularly tests patients for COVID and provides them reports for work, etc. Can she do this for herself when it comes time for our cruise or does it have to be a specific group of approved companies? I figured maybe some medical people on here might have dealt with this before. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If the report she generates is a lab-generated report (vs her just printing something up on her own) then yes.

Cool, thanks! This will save her a little money and the headache that I'll have to deal with in setting her up with an online test proctor, lol.  She's a boomer through and through.

5 hours ago, Peter D said:

Even if it is a lab generated report, I would be careful if the report lists her anywhere on it as the 'proctor' of the test.  The last thing you want if for someone at the port to question it and delay boarding.

Was thinking the same thing. Also if you came down with Covid, would they contact the lab who did the test before they cover loses. Probably best to get a coworker to do it