Port Of Galveston New Terminal Parking

DMLM

I know the Port Of Galveston is rapidly developing the new terminal in preparation for the Allure later this year.  Part of that location will include parking near the terminal.  However, Galveston can flood during really bad storms and I'm not sure if I want to park that close to the pier.

Does anyone know if the existing parking will shuttle down to the new terminal or if there is any new parking raised garaged parking being developed as a result?

39 minutes ago, DMLM said:

I know the Port Of Galveston is rapidly developing the new terminal in preparation for the Allure later this year.  Part of that location will include parking near the terminal.  However, Galveston can flood during really bad storms and I'm not sure if I want to park that close to the pier.

Does anyone know if the existing parking will shuttle down to the new terminal or if there is any new parking raised garaged parking being developed as a result?

No raised garage at the new terminal, at least not in this initial phase of construction. The existing "legacy" parking facilities will all be running shuttles to terminal 10.

Port Parking (www.portparking.com) has elevated, inside parking and opened a new facility close to the new terminal. We use them for all our cruises and they have separate buildings next to each other, one for the 4-5 day cruises and one for the 7 day. They are not the lowest price but are very close to it and are definitely closer to the new terminal than the others. They give senior discounts, coupon discounts (same code every time) and a loyalty program the gives really good discounts to repeat cruisers.

3 hours ago, steverk said:

The new terminal will have ground level parking within walking distance of the new terminal. I don't know about pricing, but I understand there are at least 2 lots and they will be priced differently because one is closer than the other 

I have the North Lot booked for February Allure, this is the closest lot to the terminal, it was in the $150 range for the week

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, tankman said:

The parking at the new terminal is through Port of Galveston.

https://www.portofgalveston.com/

Its very easy peesy.

Pull up, drop of the bags off,  circle to the right into the parking.  walk 200 feet back to the terminal.  Up the escalator and your checked in!

Have fun!

Thanks for the great information! When you turn off of Harborside, where do you go to drop off your bag? This will be my first sailing out of the new terminal.

On 3/4/2023 at 1:19 PM, JwSvilleTX said:

Thanks for the great information! When you turn off of Harborside, where do you go to drop off your bag? This will be my first sailing out of the new terminal.

You'll turn off of Harborside onto 14th St, take that to Royal Caribbean Way,  to Royal Caribbean Circle,  Follow Royal Caribbean Cir.  it will take you directly to the luggage drop off. 

On 3/4/2023 at 1:19 PM, JwSvilleTX said:

Luggage drop is on Royal Caribbean Circle in front of the terminal. I have a parking map and other information posted here:

3 hours ago, The Fox said:

Are all of Royal's ships going out of Terminal 10 or just the Oasis Class ships?

I believe just Oasis class at the moment, but I base that only on choosing a parking spot and having the website direct me to two different lots depending on which ship I choose. I don’t see any reason why the smaller ships couldn’t use the new port.