Re-pricing questions

Hi Folks,

We recently booked a retirement/birthday cruise for B2B sailings on Symphony starting April 6, 2024.  I've heard Matt say "book early and re-price often" many times.  How often should I be checking for price drops?  When RCL has a fare sale, how long does the sale last?  For example, if the fare sales run for 72 hours, then checking prices every other day would be sure to catch the sale price.  

Thanks in advance for your input,

Tom

The "sales" mean very little. Most of the time when you check your prices during a sale you will see they are the same as when there is no sale. And sometimes there are random price drops that appear when no sale is running and those sometimes stay there for a few days and sometimes are gone in a few hours.

I generally check my prices once a day during my morning coffee break. It only takes a couple of minutes and it's always fun to see if I can catch a bargain! 🙂

Isn't there always a sale? Most of the time it seems like they play games with the numbers and perks but it comes out pretty much the same.

My question would be with final payment. Should you hold off making final payment until due date? Is it easier to reprice when you haven't made full payment? Are there restrictions with RC? With NCL, I did a reprice before final payment recently and they told me I can only do it once. Anything else to be on the lookout for?

1 hour ago, mistertomatohead said:

Isn't there always a sale? Most of the time it seems like they play games with the numbers and perks but it comes out pretty much the same.

My question would be with final payment. Should you hold off making final payment until due date? Is it easier to reprice when you haven't made full payment? Are there restrictions with RC? With NCL, I did a reprice before final payment recently and they told me I can only do it once. Anything else to be on the lookout for?

Yes, it is easier to make price changes if you have not made final payment. I pay mine a few days before the deadline.

You should be able to price adjust as many times as you want, although some TAs may not allow it.

We tried to reprice an Oct 23 cruise yesterday which was showing £175 cheaper than when we booked it. I was told we would lose our £300 deposit and it would be treated as a new booking! The agent said that repricing is no longer available. Please let me know if you are successful with your reprice or is this a geographical thing?

12 minutes ago, Steve C said:

We tried to reprice an Oct 23 cruise yesterday which was showing £175 cheaper than when we booked it. I was told we would lose our £300 deposit and it would be treated as a new booking! The agent said that repricing is no longer available. Please let me know if you are successful with your reprice or is this a geographical thing?

Steve

If you've booked through the UK website or a UK travel agent (I guess you have as you quote £) we aren't able to reprice, we're stuck with the price you first signed up to. We could reprice under cruise with confidence but unfortunately that option expired recently.