Grand caymans

L Harden

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We enjoyed the excursion that took us to the Turtle Farm and Hell.  Hell is "meh" but we really enjoyed the turtle farm.

+1 on the Turtle Farm, it was surprisingly fun.  Also agree on how underwhelming Hell is.  The highlight there was that we sent a postcard. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully, someone can answer this.  We would like to visit Hell, to send our post card.  Can you walk from the cruise port?  It looks like you can, but wasn't sure if sidewalks or safety issues would prevent it.  Looks like about 6 miles each way, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary for our "wandering around" for the day.  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

Hopefully, someone can answer this.  We would like to visit Hell, to send our post card.  Can you walk from the cruise port?  It looks like you can, but wasn't sure if sidewalks or safety issues would prevent it.  Looks like about 6 miles each way, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary for our "wandering around" for the day.  

Thanks!

I would not. It will be hot and not particularly interesting on the way there. You can take the public bus (minivan thing) there, though -- only caveat here is that you'll need local currency to do so. We enjoy using the buses to get around Grand Cayman!

10 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

I would not. It will be hot and not particularly interesting on the way there. You can take the public bus (minivan thing) there, though -- only caveat here is that you'll need local currency to do so. We enjoy using the buses to get around Grand Cayman!

Thanks!  We're still taking things slow and are trying to avoid public transportation as much as possible.  We've been looking at a couple of excursions that may work, but we also enjoy walking and tend to walk pretty far anyway 🙂  We were last in Grand Cayman with Disney way back in 2013, and i think we ended up about half way without even trying and was just wandering through town hitting up shops and such.

20 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

Thanks!  We're still taking things slow and are trying to avoid public transportation as much as possible.  We've been looking at a couple of excursions that may work, but we also enjoy walking and tend to walk pretty far anyway 🙂  We were last in Grand Cayman with Disney way back in 2013, and i think we ended up about half way without even trying and was just wandering through town hitting up shops and such.

Once you get out of town the roads tend to have no sidewalks and limited shoulder space. Just be careful!

Honestly I'd just go to Seven Fathoms distillery and call it a day. But that's just me 😉