Vaccine protocols

kevpeirce

Spoke with reps again today as we changed our room and paid our gratuities for the 10/16 sailing on Oasis. This is the most information that I've been able to get from anyone so far. I was told this week 8/7-8/14 is a trial period for the CDC to conduct testing and there will be an official policy update out 9/30 after the data is reviewed. The rep claims the goal is to allow everyone to cruise regardless of vaccination status. As my wife and I are unvaccinated we were again reassured that we would receive a 100% refund as it is a change to the company policy. Obviously this is word of mouth so may not be 100% accurate but I'm somewhat inclined to believe this.

Updated Vaccination Protocol for U.S. and European Cruises

We continue to work with our destination partners to evolve our protocols and align with the broader travel industry, as we transition to the point that everyone can vacation with us. 

Starting with September 5thdepartures, all travelers regardless of vaccination status can cruise on the following itineraries, as long as they meet any testing requirements to board. 

• Cruises from Los Angeles, California. Browse itineraries.
  • Cruises from Galveston, Texas. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Currently, only guests that show a valid vaccination record can get off the ship in Grand Cayman)
  • Cruises from New Orleans, Louisiana. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Currently, only guests that show a valid vaccination record can get off the ship in Grand Cayman)
  • Cruises from a European homeport. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Guests that are not “up to date” on their vaccination per EMA standards will need to take a test onboard in order to get off the ship in Greece and Spain)
Vaccination requirements remain in place until further notice for any homeport not mentioned above. Visit our Getting Ready to Cruise page to view current protocols by homeport. 

No more vaccine out of Texas. Starting September 5 sailings although dumb test still required

Updated Protocols 
Galveston & Los Angeles 6-Nights or more

We’ve been diligently working with our destinations and have made great progress towards welcoming all guests onboard our ships. 

Our relaxed sailing protocols are confirmed for our departures from Galveston, Texas and Los Angeles, California sailing on or after September 5th, 2022, visiting the Western Caribbean and Mexico.

The intention is to work in phases as we relax our protocols. And, as they change, we are committed to keeping you informed.

Vaccination Recommended
We recommend that our guests be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19, if eligible. While vaccination is not required, we kindly ask you disclose your status during check-in to ensure we maintain a highly vaccinated onboard population. 

For sailings that visit Grand Cayman: Due to local regulations, unvaccinated guests 12 and older can join our sailing however, they’ll need to stay onboard when we arrive in Grand Cayman.

Testing
Pre-cruise 
All guests aged 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 3 days of our sail date — this adds an extra day for our vaccinated guests to test. Additionally, we’ve removed boarding day, mid-cruise, and departure testing.

Accepted Tests 
Any FDA‐approved PCR or antigen test supervised in person or supervised by a telehealth professional meet this requirement. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

Check out our Healthy Sail Center for our full sailing protocols

We sail on 21 August on the Oasis to the Bahamas. My nephew (age 16) is coming with us and he is unvaccinated. We’ve called Royal Caribbean Customer Service 4 times and we were assured he would be able to sail with us. 4 times! I’m attempting to have RC put this in writing.

I’m still afraid they won’t allow him on the ship. Any other suggestions for how to gain clarity?

4 hours ago, Mandapanda said:

We sail on 21 August on the Oasis to the Bahamas. My nephew (age 16) is coming with us and he is unvaccinated. We’ve called Royal Caribbean Customer Service 4 times and we were assured he would be able to sail with us. 4 times! I’m attempting to have RC put this in writing.

I’m still afraid they won’t allow him on the ship. Any other suggestions for how to gain clarity?

The current protocols for sailing out of Cape Liberty to the Bahamas is 12+ must be vaccinated.  The only thing you can try for is a vaccination accommodation by emailing vaxaccommodations@rccl.com.  What needs to be included in that email can be found at:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/who-should-i-contact-if-a-vaccine-is-contraindicated

18 hours ago, Salca said:

No more vaccine out of Texas. Starting September 5 sailings although dumb test still required

Updated Protocols 
Galveston & Los Angeles 6-Nights or more

We’ve been diligently working with our destinations and have made great progress towards welcoming all guests onboard our ships. 

Our relaxed sailing protocols are confirmed for our departures from Galveston, Texas and Los Angeles, California sailing on or after September 5th, 2022, visiting the Western Caribbean and Mexico.

The intention is to work in phases as we relax our protocols. And, as they change, we are committed to keeping you informed.

Vaccination Recommended
We recommend that our guests be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19, if eligible. While vaccination is not required, we kindly ask you disclose your status during check-in to ensure we maintain a highly vaccinated onboard population. 

For sailings that visit Grand Cayman: Due to local regulations, unvaccinated guests 12 and older can join our sailing however, they’ll need to stay onboard when we arrive in Grand Cayman.

Testing
Pre-cruise 
All guests aged 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 3 days of our sail date — this adds an extra day for our vaccinated guests to test. Additionally, we’ve removed boarding day, mid-cruise, and departure testing.

Accepted Tests 
Any FDA‐approved PCR or antigen test supervised in person or supervised by a telehealth professional meet this requirement. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

Check out our Healthy Sail Center for our full sailing protocols

LOL we had to cancel our anniversary cruise out of Galveston for the end of August.  Missed it by a week looks like.  But we do have another one scheduled for February.  We might actually make that one looks like!  

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The current protocols for sailing out of Cape Liberty to the Bahamas is 12+ must be vaccinated.  The only thing you can try for is a vaccination accommodation by emailing vaxaccommodations@rccl.com.  What needs to be included in that email can be found at:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/who-should-i-contact-if-a-vaccine-is-contraindicated

I’m confused why then Customer Service at RC has confirmed on 4 separate calls that he’ll be able to get on the ship. The confirmations occurred in the past 1.5 weeks. 

Are they trying to mislead customers for their money? 

All 4 representatives stated that he’ll be included in the 20% unvaccinated and that no paperwork or pre authorization is needed. 

16 hours ago, Mandapanda said:

I’m confused why then Customer Service at RC has confirmed on 4 separate calls that he’ll be able to get on the ship. The confirmations occurred in the past 1.5 weeks. 

Unfortunately the phone reps are often wrong or misinformed. If they won't give you something in writing,  that's probably a good sign that there is nothing official yet.

When booking a cruise, it's best to consider the current protocols on their website. Things are constantly evolving and the protocols are being more relaxed. If you book accepting the current protocols, you will be managing expectations on the conservative side.

We're getting closer, but not quite there yet.

17 hours ago, Mandapanda said:

Are they trying to mislead customers for their money? 

All 4 representatives stated that he’ll be included in the 20% unvaccinated and that no paperwork or pre authorization is needed. 

I am sorry you are getting bad information, there is really no excuse for that, but unfortunately is par for the course with RCL CS.

There is no 20% unvaccinated policy, your 16 year old will need to be vaccinated, or have been granted an official vaccine exemption from the cruise line. I am not sure if you have time for that, but it is worth a shot.