Prepurchasing Drink/Dining Prices left in shopping cart?

So I added the unlimited alcoholic drink package and a "Chops + 1" dining package on the royal caribbean website and left them in my shopping cart.

When I added them to my cart, they had a discounted price. 
I actually didn't end up purchasing them and they are still in my cart at the "discounted" price, but the alcoholic package is more expensive right now.

Does anybody know if I continue to check out if it will go to the discounted price when I added it to my cart or the "current" price advertised on the site?

This may be a nice hack to at least add the items to your shopping cart to do like a soft "lock" on the price if you can't afford to pay right at that moment.
Does anybody have any experience with this?

Welcome to the boards.

This happened to me by surprise a few months ago. I placed the Drink Package in my cart several weeks earlier, but did not check out.

Prices began to rise and stayed higher before I bought it and the price in my cart remained the same. When I did check out, the lower "in cart" price is what I was charged!

Like you said, it does seem to be a "soft lock" on the price. I made a post about it back in May. But, YMMV.

57 minutes ago, idontgetit777 said:

So I added the unlimited alcoholic drink package and a "Chops + 1" dining package on the royal caribbean website and left them in my shopping cart.

When I added them to my cart, they had a discounted price. 
I actually didn't end up purchasing them and they are still in my cart at the "discounted" price, but the alcoholic package is more expensive right now.

Does anybody know if I continue to check out if it will go to the discounted price when I added it to my cart or the "current" price advertised on the site?

This may be a nice hack to at least add the items to your shopping cart to do like a soft "lock" on the price if you can't afford to pay right at that moment.
Does anybody have any experience with this?

Up until a year ago, the answer was always that saving items in your cart does not save the price.  When you go to check out, it would charge the price to the current rate (which you would see during the checkout process).

Within the last year, there have been a few posters who have said the items in their cart retained a lower price even though the price was currently higher.

It's not clear if this is an actual change or a glitch.  In general, the recommendation is still to buy early because you can always cancel and repurchase if the price goes down.  Items in your cart can also disappear if they get sold out.