Newbie Here. Cozumel, Roatan and Grand Cayman

LeeReads

Taking the family on a Christmas cruise.  Husband and I have only done 1 cruise-- Alaska on Princess--- and it was Amazing!                   

This trip will have the 4 adult kids. Daughters 25, 24, 22 and son 20.  We are adventurous. (but as I've read about that horrible ferry ride in Cozumel-- I think that will be a pass for us). 

3 Port stops Cozumel, Roatan and Grand Cayman -------------Leaning toward a zip line type tour at Roatan, maybe beach/rest at Cozumel and maybe Stingray/ reef at Grand Cayman.  (but nothing is set)

I'd love your thoughts, opinions, suggestions!  I could go with RC book or other--- I am open to either.    So.... give me your best bets--- sure things, "we loved this one because"--- etc.  I need all the help/suggestions that you can throw at me.  

Thank you so much!

Sounds like you have made good choices.  Adult children won't be interested in the turtle sanctuary at Grand Cayman, and we planned on Sting Ray City until Royal cancelled our cruise in Feb.  The village of Hell is not worth a separate excursion.  In Cozumel, jewelry stores are tempting but likely overpriced; I suspect they jam internet connections at Diamonds Intl, but I can't prove it. Thus, the beach sounds good.  We've also done horseback riding, and there is a marine park for snorkeling.  Have a great trip!

We dud done Salsa, Salsa and Margarita in Cozumel with my early 20s niece and she had a great time. While not "adventurous," we learned how to make real salsa, guacamole and margaritas. then, after a couple of hours drinking margaritas, we learned how to salsa dance (or thats what they told us).

In Roatan,  we took a cab to the beach and spent our money renting jet skis and had a blast. It was our first time there and had no idea what to expect and the water was absolutely beautiful. 

in Cayman,  we have done Sting Ray City twice and enjoyed it both times.

The excursion to the small island of Maya Key was excellent for our party of 10 family members ranging in ages from 2 - 55.  It's a 4-5 minute boat ride from the ship.  I don't recall the price, but very reasonable.  The island was very clean, good food included, excellent snorkeling, and a wildlife sanctuary with a good variety of animals.  Beach area was nice and there's also a pool.

2 hours ago, Everide said:

The excursion to the small island of Maya Key was excellent for our party of 10 family members ranging in ages from 2 - 55.  It's a 4-5 minute boat ride from the ship.  I don't recall the price, but very reasonable.  The island was very clean, good food included, excellent snorkeling, and a wildlife sanctuary with a good variety of animals.  Beach area was nice and there's also a pool.

Everide, 

Which of the three places that LeeReads mentioned is Maya Key a 5 minute ride to? I'll be visiting Cozumel soon and might be interested if it's near there. Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, My3rdAct said:

Which of the three places that LeeReads mentioned is Maya Key a 5 minute ride to? I'll be visiting Cozumel soon and might be interested if it's near there. Thanks. 

Maya Key is in Roatan.

My preference for beaches in Cozumel is Paradise Beach, mainly because it's easy to DIY it there and you don't have to do an excursion or pay for an all inclusive that may not be a good value for you.

19 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Maya Key is in Roatan.

My preference for beaches in Cozumel is Paradise Beach, mainly because it's easy to DIY it there and you don't have to do an excursion or pay for an all inclusive that may not be a good value for you.

Thanks, Ashley. I was there once before but we didn't go off of the pier and just browsed the shops. This time, I want to "do something" while I'm there. It remains to be seen, what. 

On 8/9/2022 at 6:12 PM, LeeReads said:

Taking the family on a Christmas cruise.  Husband and I have only done 1 cruise-- Alaska on Princess--- and it was Amazing!                   

This trip will have the 4 adult kids. Daughters 25, 24, 22 and son 20.  We are adventurous. (but as I've read about that horrible ferry ride in Cozumel-- I think that will be a pass for us). 

3 Port stops Cozumel, Roatan and Grand Cayman -------------Leaning toward a zip line type tour at Roatan, maybe beach/rest at Cozumel and maybe Stingray/ reef at Grand Cayman.  (but nothing is set)

I'd love your thoughts, opinions, suggestions!  I could go with RC book or other--- I am open to either.    So.... give me your best bets--- sure things, "we loved this one because"--- etc.  I need all the help/suggestions that you can throw at me.  

Thank you so much!

LeeReads, I hope that you have a GREAT time with your family on your cruise. 

Thank you all for the suggestions.  The "kids" are so excited.  Still planning, thinking, and haven't decided on excursions yet.  My3rdAct-- I see you and I are in the same state. (I guess I need to add that to my profile)  Again thanks everyone!

• 1 month later...