EXCITED!!! First RCCL cruise!

Ok folks, I am super excited! Only 4 days until we set sail on Freedom for 6 days in the Caribbean! We are celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary on day 2 and celebrating St. Patty's day on day 6 (I am 1/2 Irish).

* Drink packages have been bought

* Specialty Dining package has been bought

* Excursions have been booked and paid for

* Couples massage has been booked and paid for

* Online check in complete

* All documents signed

* Set sail passes printed

* Luggage tags printed

* Parking arranged and paid for

* Driving so, no need for airport or hotel room

* Bank/Debit card ready for travel with my bank

* All documents required are ready

Am I missing anything?????? Is there anything that I may have overlooked??????

I appreciate all the help you all have given me during my planning period, I learned so much from this forum and I loved reading the blog! I plan on posting and sharing about my experience with you since this is my very first RCCL cruise but, I think it will only be the first of many!!!

I am also a first time cruiser, so I can totally relate to your excitement! This will be a 27th anniversary present for my wife and I in Oct. I'm busting at the seams, as it is a surprise, and I haven't told her yet, so I have to keep it all inside! I'll be excited to hear about your experience and gain any first time tips you might have. Happy cruising!

First, I am really glad to hear this blog helped you plan your trip.  Means a lot to me to hear this info is useful!

More importantly, you are way ahead of the game and off to a great start!

Yes Matt, it has been a life saver in several decisions made!! I was hoping you would say I was prepared lol, thank you again!!!

Am I missing anything?????? Is there anything that I may have overlooked??????

I appreciate all the help you all have given me during my planning period, I learned so much from this forum and I loved reading the blog! I plan on posting and sharing about my experience with you since this is my very first RCCL cruise but, I think it will only be the first of many!!!

I love reading that kind of post ! Remind me of myself on early january 2016 when I was 4 days away from my cruise on the Allure. 

I to would like to thank the administrators of this blog (and the rest of the members)  for helping us newbie, plan what would become a vacation of a lifetime ! 

I love reading that kind of post ! Remind me of myself on early january 2016 when I was 4 days away from my cruise on the Allure. 

I to would like to thank the administrators of this blog (and the rest of the members)  for helping us newbie, plan what would become a vacation of a lifetime ! 

I couldn't agree more ....... The Blog Family has assisted many of us in feeding our newly found addiction, and, helping to make sure we all are prepared to have a fantastic time.

I couldn't agree more ....... The Blog Family has assisted many of us in feeding our newly found addiction, and, helping to make sure we all are prepared to have a fantastic time.

I am so glad to hear you both found the blog useful.  I can't wait to hear about your experiences when you return...and which cruise you booked next!

I too have learned a lot from everybody online. Hopefully when we return from our first cruise, I will have some "wisdom" to share with other first timers. Thanks for all the help! I know I will have more questions as we go along since we don't leave for another 6 months and 23 days. But who's counting.

If you're driving from Tennessee, make sure you give plenty of cushion time for any delays, especially if I-95 is involved!

I'm stoked for you!!!  Freedom is a fabulous ship!

Yes, we are traveling from Tennessee. We are leaving Saturday eve so I can drive through the whole night. We will be in North FL by sunrise and we are taking the Turnpike down and I95 back afterwards so we can stop and visit our daughter on the coast. I do believe I have planned it where I would be to our parking place at 10am. Wish me luck lol

Yes, we are traveling from Tennessee. We are leaving Saturday eve so I can drive through the whole night. We will be in North FL by sunrise and we are taking the Turnpike down and I95 back afterwards so we can stop and visit our daughter on the coast. I do believe I have planned it where I would be to our parking place at 10am. Wish me luck lol

Wow - so much for cushion!

I hope y'all have a fantabulous time!!!!   Be safe!

We are celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary

This will be a 27th anniversary present for my wife and I in Oct.

Congrats to you both on your anniversaries! My wife and I will be celebrating our 45th anniversary on March 17th (yes St. Patty's Day) and then boarding the Adventure OTS the next day on the 18th.

Congrats to you both on your anniversaries! My wife and I will be celebrating our 45th anniversary on March 17th (yes St. Patty's Day) and then boarding the Adventure OTS the next day on the 18th.

Congrats also to you and yours! Hopefully, I'd like to think we also will be celebrating our 45th with a cruise as well! Happy cruising.

Speaking of passports, I am about to apply for mine and thought I would just get the passport "card".  I am not planning on any overseas flights anytime in the near future and it just seems to me a card in my wallet is more convenient than carrying around a book.  Is there a benefit to the book over the card when on a cruise?

I just rechecked the passport site and I don't see any reason to have more than the card for a Caribbean cruise. Card is enough for entry / exit to all of the Caribbean islands, not just certain islands, as well as re-entry to the US, so a book seems like overkill long as you know you're not (or don't expect to be) doing any international air travel for the next ten years.

I already have the book, and my daughter has to renew hers this year. Maybe I'll get myself a new card version and have her renewal also include a card. Definitely would prefer carrying a card in my wallet that I'll already have on me over carrying a separate book.