Back At It Again [Symphony OTS | 7-night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day from Miami | 11/5–11/12/2022]

ClarkNotClock

*in announcer voice* PREVIOUSLY ON CLARK'S LIVE BLOGS:

I'm über-excited for this cruise, especially with how it's just right after summer break for me. Entering senior year with a bang we are!

---

By about day 3, my entire party started to realize that the on-ship experience could have been better. I noticed that most things were because of staffing issues. (Anyone who was trying to get pizza at Café Promenade on day 4 knows what's up.) At best, service was attentive yet frazzled and at worst, clueless and frustrating.

---

Honestly, I still loved this cruise anyway. A lot of the negative experience was mostly because of management. I can see myself coming back on Royal Caribbean, but maybe once things settle down post-COVID. Things didn't feel right, but nothing felt wrong either.

I said all of that stuff ONLY A MONTH AGO. Keep in mind our cruise ended on July 7th. We booked this cruise (this live blog) July THIRTEENTH. Now, I'm not mad or anything, but I'm pretty sure that my family is already loyal to Royal despite what we experienced on Adventure. I'm actually excited for this because I couldn't believe that we'd turn back to Royal this quickly.

Considering the differences, there were some things we kept the same, like not using a travel agent. The biggest difference from last time, though, is that our party jumped from eight to thirteen. Last cruise was me, mom, dad, sister, aunt, other aunt, the other other aunt, and my uncle. Now it's me, mom, dad, sister, aunt, other aunt, other other aunt, cousin, other cousin, uncle, other uncle, and my grandma. (RIP to peace and the one week there was no family infighting 🙏 fly high.)

The jump from a Voyager-class to Oasis-class ship will be quite the jump, though. In fact, when we first were doing research for Adventure, we all thought that we were doing research on Allure. So we have a basic idea on what's going to happen. We also already planned out food too based on what we knew from Adventure and what we saw online. (150 Central Park is too sosyal for us. Deer? Ain't no way 💀)

As of now, we're 85 days away. It's a long wait for us, but we can't wait.

(Fun fact: Adventure OTS was the cruise for my dad's birthday and check-in opened on my birthday. This cruise is for my mom's and check-in opens on my sister's.)