New testing days

Hi all. Sailing this Sunday on Explorer for 6 nights and was planning to test Friday morning before driving to Florida for the "within two days" required.  But I just reviewed the updated testing policy today and it seems like we can now test as early as Thursday which is 3 calendar days before sail date. Is this how y'all are interpreting the change also? 

1 hour ago, Cruiser4321 said:

Hi all. Sailing this Sunday on Explorer for 6 nights and was planning to test Friday morning before driving to Florida for the "within two days" required.  But I just reviewed the updated testing policy today and it seems like we can now test as early as Thursday which is 3 calendar days before sail date. Is this how y'all are interpreting the change also? 

As long as you are not sailing to Canada or Bermuda.  Those countries still have the 2 day test restriction RC has to enforce.

Is it 2 days or 48 hours?  Big difference.

Assume that the ship leaves at 4:00 pm on a Sunday.  If I test at home on a Friday before I fly out, can I test Friday morning or do I have to test Friday afternoon (or later) after 4:00 pm?

9 minutes ago, FSUFAN said:

Assume that the ship leaves at 4:00 pm on a Sunday.  If I test at home on a Friday before I fly out, can I test Friday morning or do I have to test Friday afternoon (or later) after 4:00 pm?

It is two calendar days, not 48 hours. A proctored at-home test could be done at 12:05 a.m. Friday for a Sunday departure, for example.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center?icid=hlthys_wrnssn_hlt_nbrdxp_pghdr_3467

From the royal site

We have recently revised our testing requirement for most U.S. sailings:

• • Fully vaccinated guests will only have to show a test result at boarding if the sailing is 6 nights or longer.
  • • Unvaccinated children will still need to show a test result to board all sailings, regardless of length. However, they will not need to test again at the terminal.
  • • Vaccinated guests and unvaccinated children now have the same test window and test types: You can show a negative test result from a supervised PCR or antigen test taken within the 3 days before your boarding day. Learn more.
  • • This revision does not apply to guests whose itinerary visits Canada or Bermuda. These itineraries have their own testing protocols, based on local regulations, until further notice.

1 hour ago, FSUFAN said:

Yep. HUGE difference.  

If the cruise departs Saturday, August 13, 2022, at 4:00 pm, the testing window begins on Thursday, August 11, 2022, at 12:00 am (midnight).  Meaning, you have 64 hours to test, not 48 hours.  

Now that the window is three (3) days, you can add another 24 hours to that example above.  Meaning, you have 88 hours before boarding to test negative.  That is 3.52 "days" if one were to technical about it.

Edited by CruisingNewb